Unable to return a caravan back to the original base if it is an adjacent tile.

Started by jacko21297, December 15, 2016, 03:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jacko21297

After sending a caravan 1 tile away following a north east direction, the user was unable to instruct the caravan to return to the main base by following a south west exit direction. The option to send the caravan South West is not present.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
1. Load RimWorld Dev BuildID: 1522239.
2. Create a new game.
3. Create a caravan from the world map, instruct the caravan to head North East.
4. Once the caravan has reached the adjacent tile, attempt to send the caravan South West.

ACTUAL RESULT:
The 'Exit Direction' menu does not allow the user to head in the direction of an already occupied adjacent base.

EXPECTED RESULT:
The user should be able to send caravans to pre-occupied adjacent tiles.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Please see the attached screenshot for further reference.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]
“It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.” ― André Gide

carbon

I believe if you send them to a tile adjacent both the starting and target locations, you'll be able to enter the destination instantaneously, by going to world map and ordering them to enter the destination.

Also works for Attack if the destination is foreign owned.

Trading requires that they actually navigate to the center of of the destination tile via world map travel (non-instant), which is presumably analogous to them walking around the foreign camp. Probably for the best.

ison

So the bug is: if the player has 2 adjacent bases, then he can't send caravans directly from the first one to the second one. I think it's just a little quirk. It shouldn't affect gameplay that much because you can always send a caravan to any other adjacent tile and then just instantly enter the base. I'll leave this for Tynan to decide.

Tynan

I'm not gonna call this a bug, though maybe we should disallow adjacent bases.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog