Lights, colonists, and rooms

Started by Dejix, October 16, 2013, 08:00:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dejix

Lights in the game are currently controlled solely by the eye in the sky. I think that a healthy alternative for the lights would be to add some light on/off logic to them. If colonist in room and not asleep lights on else lights off kind of thing. Then you could have a toggle for lights on, off, or auto. Not a critical thing but it would make my repeatedly destroyed colonies feel more lived in before they expire due to raiders.

Lechai

what would be more awesome is if colonists turned the light switches on and off themselves ( or maybe after researching motion detectors)
basically for a room to be lit it would need to fulfill several condition
It has a standard room light
It has power available
It has an awake colonist in it.

Would be amazing to see rooms light up and go dark as colonists move around, go to sleep, wake up etc.

Spike

It could be a good research upgrade, if the tech tree needs fleshed out. :P  Lights, then lights with sensors.  Not sure how much work it would take to program in though.

British

Quote from: Lechai on October 16, 2013, 08:46:45 PM
Would be amazing to see rooms light up and go dark as colonists move around, go to sleep, wake up etc.
I approve of this (though the lights will need to have an override mode, so the player can keep the lights off... or maybe even on).

Lechai

\
Quote from: British on October 17, 2013, 04:13:17 AM
Quote from: Lechai on October 16, 2013, 08:46:45 PM
I approve of this (though the lights will need to have an override mode, so the player can keep the lights off... or maybe even on).

its pretty easy, select a light.
it currently has a power on/off switch.
Give it a second switch, sensors on/off

NephilimNexus

Quote from: Lechai on October 17, 2013, 05:56:18 PMits pretty easy, select a light.
it currently has a power on/off switch.
Give it a second switch, sensors on/off

Illuminated Wall Panels (technology).  Now you don't have to waste floor space on lamps.  Simply install new type of Wall (structure).  Low light, low power drain, so you can use a lot of them.  Good for underground hallways.

nhatanh0475

They could make it so when Pawn enter a room, the light in the room will turn on. This simple thing can indeed save a lot of energy.
If they want they could adding another layer for logical wire, except you don't lay down wire, you connect them just like how you connect surveillance camera in Prison Architect. This would allow for cleaner base and still functionable.