[0.16.1389]No room to hide in during "Hide in room" mental state.

Started by jacko21297, December 16, 2016, 10:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jacko21297

After a 'Hiding in room' mental break is triggered, a notification will appear informing the user that one of their colonists is now hiding in their room. However, no buildings or structures have been built so there is no room for them to hide in. Instead they are simply wandering around.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Launch RimWorld version: "0.16.1389"
2. Create a new colony.
3. Immediately force a 'WanderOwnRoom' mental break.

Actual Result:
The user is notified that the colonist is hiding in their room, but the colonist is just wandering in the wilderness.

Expected Result:
When the colonist has not yet been assigned a room, the Room wandering mental break should not occur. Instead a "Sad Wander" mental break function should be triggered.

Additional Information:
Please see the attached screenshot's for further reference.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]
“It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.” ― André Gide

Calahan

@ Tynan - Now that the unstable test version has been released on Steam, should moderators be moving bugs reported in the testing forum to the bugs forum? As moving them to the bugs forum would help avoid duplicate reports, and allow more users to see them, and so help with confirming/reproducing bugs etc where required. At least in theory.

So it seems sensible to me, but thought I'd check with you first just in case.

jacko21297

You should probably have created a separate thread or private messaged him that..?
“It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.” ― André Gide

Tynan

Yes, when a build is public, the bugs should be posted in the public bugs forum please.

Sorry for the delay, I haven't been checking the tester forum. Moved this to Bugs.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Calahan

Quote from: Tynan on January 23, 2017, 02:47:09 PM
Yes, when a build is public, the bugs should be posted in the public bugs forum please.
@ Tynan - Thank you for the guidance on this. Much appreciated.