How about a RED ALERT / BATTLE STATIONS?

Started by Col_Jessep, April 05, 2014, 06:25:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Col_Jessep

I really like what they did in the FTL Advanced Edition:
You arrange all your pawns in their respective places and hit a button to save the positions. Next time the raiders show up you hit the RED ALERT button and everybody gets drafted and returns to their battle stations.
Extra props if you add a nice alarm sound and switch all the lamps to flashing red lights during the alert.

Thanks for your attention!

Planetary Annihilation Imminent

Celthric Aysen

This would be very helpful in so many situations.
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

bluntfeather

Yes please! Arguably more useful than in FTL here. Who knows where those colonists go off to sometimes..

Lazarus

I've see the red alert thing from ftl and it would be a good addition to the game. Its annoying when you have reset the spots over and over when you have the spots you want previous.
Poke poke, stab stab.

TimMartland

This has been suggested so much, i'm surprised its not already in the game
Yes please!
'Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying'
-Arthur C. Clarke'
'Needs moar boosters!'
-Jebadiah Kerman

ITypedThis

FtDLulz

It would definitely save a bit of time instead of having to arrange your colonists exactly as you want them every time.

Evul

I liked the system they used on FTL never played it but looked at some playthro and I think the man your station thingy is awesome :)

guken9922

hwoo

Celthric Aysen

Quote from: hwoo on April 11, 2014, 02:13:51 AM
Why are we not funding this
We already are by buying the game.
Tynan is gonna add this for sure, Right Tynan? right?
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

Psyckosama

My name is Psyckosama and I approve this message.

Monkfish

ALL OF THE YESESESES!

When you've got more than about 6 colonists, it's a major pain in the nuts having to draft all of them manually and get them into a suitable position. And you always miss one who wanders off to fix/haul something in the middle of a firefight. ::)
<insert witty signature here>