[A15 Modded] Devilspawn - Devmode Chicken test

Started by Spdskatr, December 18, 2016, 05:52:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spdskatr

So I created a colony to try and safely breed chickens (I used a ton of mods)...

First, I set up my colony using god mode and created a tiny animal pen. After I was happy with my colony, I executed the event: "farm animals wander in" with chickens.

The first screenshot was 1 season after the 6 chickens joined the colony. There were ~70 chickens at that time.

(Picture didn't work look at attachment)

Unfortunately, I did not know that I had over 100 eggs in my stockpiles, so after just a few more days my chickens reached over 300. So I activated my Fluffy manager...

(Pictures didn't work look at attachment)

..Yeah. And there's STILL 100 eggs in stockpiles.

Mission Status: FAILED.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]
My mods

If 666 is evil, does that make 25.8069758011 the root of all evil?

Shurp

The boomalopes in your pen can solve your chickengeddon problem. 
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Fluffe

Quote from: Spdskatr on December 18, 2016, 05:52:06 AM
So I created a colony to try and safely breed chickens (I used a ton of mods)...

First, I set up my colony using god mode and created a tiny animal pen. After I was happy with my colony, I executed the event: "farm animals wander in" with chickens.

The first screenshot was 1 season after the 6 chickens joined the colony. There were ~70 chickens at that time.

(Picture didn't work look at attachment)

Unfortunately, I did not know that I had over 100 eggs in my stockpiles, so after just a few more days my chickens reached over 300. So I activated my Fluffy manager...

(Pictures didn't work look at attachment)

..Yeah. And there's STILL 100 eggs in stockpiles.

Mission Status: FAILED.

I wonder is the rate the chickens lay eggs higher then the rate they eat? if so you could trap them in those fences and butcher the chickens that die of starvation. while keeping the egg stockpile in the chicken pen.

Canute

You forget, that the baby chickens would die on starvation before they reach the age to lay eggs.

Spdskatr

To be honest, this should be in the 'stories' section of the forum.

Quote from: Canute on December 18, 2016, 01:04:39 PM
You forget, that the baby chickens would die on starvation before they reach the age to lay eggs.

That's why I kill'em.
My mods

Pichu0102

Just keep slaughtering all the male chickens as they hatch from the animals tab. Problem solved.

Spdskatr

Quote from: Pichu0102 on December 19, 2016, 01:45:14 PM
Just keep slaughtering all the male chickens as they hatch from the animals tab. Problem solved.
That would kill my farm. And plus, I can't click fast enough. Oh wait, I have the Fluffy manager mod.

Anyway, I still want my farm to keep producing meat for me. Just not too fast.
My mods