Suggestion: Immersive Background Noises

Started by newcadence, December 18, 2016, 10:37:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

newcadence

I thought of this idea when I was watching 10 of my colonists having a party in the rec room. What if there were background noises for interactions between people? During fights you'd hear shouting and during parties you'd here idle chatter and cheering.

joaonunes

The chatter in parties and such could be done by adding a sound whenever a social interaction occurs.
The battle cry and shouting during battle could be used in the same way, playing a sound whenever someone is hit/shot, when someone is crying in pain, when pawns lose sight over the target or find a target, etc... The sounds wouldn't even need to be precisely spoken, they can be similar to what Sims has done over these years: just play some gibberish that represents the action being performed.

The alternative to this would be an area/zoom trigger, playing a track when there's a party centered in one map point or the area where people are fighting, but that seems lazy and not as immersive :P

A mod like this would need some coding to add sounds to the interactions so that they could then have a sound associated to it just like when people are eating or building something, but would be relatively harder to do in terms of combat sounds...

Good idea overall.
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

joaonunes

You should either post this on the suggestions thread or change to a mod request, to keep the forum more coherent and easier to notice the intentions of the post
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!