Can't deconstruct enemy structures after siege, if you hold their prisoner

Started by Alenerel, December 18, 2016, 12:01:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alenerel

In my current play they left some built sandbags and I cannot deconstruct them. The raid happened like a year ago. Probably happens with mortars too, havent checked.

In the first A16 they left some sandbag blueprints and I couldnt get rid of them either, idk if this is currently fixed or not.

Calahan

Thank you for the bug report. When you say a raid, can I assume you mean a siege? And had construction of the sandbags finished, or were they still under construction and therefore a blueprint?

There have been numerous A14/A15 reports of siegers leaving blueprints behind that could not be removed, which is supposed to have been fixed for A16. Here is the most recent Mantis report (where ison mentions it's been fixed for A16).
https://ludeon.com/mantis/view.php?id=2565

But I have been unable to find, or recall, any cases where the sandbags had been completed, but the player was unable to deconstruct them. So can you please confirm whether or not this was the case.

Plus is it possible you can upload your save file where this is occurring. You probably won't be able to compress the save file enough to post it as an attachment (600kb limit), but you can use a cloud storage service such as Dropbox or GoogleDrive to host the file and then post the download link. Or use a file sharing service such as Mega or Zippyshare if those are preferable.

Alenerel

Yes, they were finished sandbags, havent had the unfinished ones problem so it probably got solved since it happened several patches ago. When I posted this I couldnt deconstruct them, selecting them just gave the "build copy" icon. I checked again and now I can claim them and deconstruct them. Was it changed in the patch a couple of hours ago? :/

Trblz42

I have a few sandbags left behind after a siege:

when i select them i have two options: Claim and Build Copy
After I claim them, then I can actually deconstruct the bags.

In A15 I did not have to claim them first. Let me know if you need a save file.
Don't panic and carry a towel

Tynan

So you can deconstruct them, you just have to claim them first?
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Trblz42

Don't panic and carry a towel

MrWeeman

Im having this problem right now but I cannot claim the sandbags nor the mortar...

GiantSpaceHamster

I had this problem too, but it went away. I am not sure what caused it to go away. Initially I was unable to claim or deconstruct the sandbags left over from an enemy siege of my colony. The sandbags were completed and had full HP. I forgot about them for a while, but checking just now I am able to claim and deconstruct them.

IIRC, there was no deconstruct or claim button when selecting them, and using the "deconstruct paintbrush" did not mark them for deconstruction. But as I said, the problem went away, so I cannot confirm that unfortunately.

EDIT: It is an [A16] game. It's actually the same game I posted to the following bug thread, although since the issue no longer occurs that may not be useful for this bug. Sandbags are still in the lower right corner of the colony map, but now I can deconstruct them.  https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=29030.0

evord

Having the same problem in my A16 game as well. Here's a link to d/l my save file with the issue in the NE corner of the map.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/78288313/Redemption.rws

maxim

Have this same problem - after raider siege event, unable to perform any actions on enemy assembled structures (turrets, sandbags and the like). That includes being able to claim them - so nothing seems to be able to be done about them at the moment. (Although haven't tried blowing them up!)

Panzer

The problem seems to be that you re unable to claim or deconstruct when you have healthy prisoner of the faction that sieged you. As long as the prisoner is walking around in your prison, you can neither claim nor deconstruct, once hes dead or downed, you should be able to claim/deconstruct.

GiantSpaceHamster

Quote from: Panzer on January 04, 2017, 05:25:37 PM
The problem seems to be that you re unable to claim or deconstruct when you have healthy prisoner of the faction that sieged you. As long as the prisoner is walking around in your prison, you can neither claim nor deconstruct, once hes dead or downed, you should be able to claim/deconstruct.

This would seem to line up with my experience. I had prisoners from the siege for a while. When I noticed that I could finally deconstruct the sandbags I no longer had the prisoners. A good lead.

skullywag

Yep its the check that stops you claiming buildings when the faction still exists on the map not taking prisoners into account.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog