(A16.1391) Trader with fertilised egg's ruined by temperature.

Started by Zakhad, December 18, 2016, 05:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zakhad

Not entirely sure if its bug or working as intended, but what's the point of a trader having fertilised egg's for trade if they're instantly ruined after trading? There is no grace period to do something about it. I had a dude ready & waiting to move the eggs as soon as the trade was complete but I wasn't even given 1 second. Are they already ruined before the trade is complete? e.g. entering a cold map/winter or are they just ruined because of where I chose to trade e.g. -33c outside on the floor rather than inside my base at 12c?

Rimworld has flying space ships, bionic body parts, artificial intelligence etc, But never invented a device that could transport fertilised eggs without them being ruined by environmental factors?

Shurp

Yeah, this is kind of annoying.  Fertilized eggs are now nearly completely useless from traders.  (The exception is if you're on a warm map and it's warm outside). 

Traders should sell a box containing the eggs, so you can open it in a safe location and take the eggs out.

BTW, this is technically WAD.  Obviously Tynan didn't like my tales of raising chickens in the freezer.  :)  But the trader aspect definitely needs to be fixed.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

ison

Fixed, thanks. Things carried by pawns will now have an extra temperature bonus.