Show us your colony [Mega Thread]

Started by Celthric Aysen, April 06, 2014, 11:17:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Headshotkill

^^^^

Which mod has these new textures?

kubolek01

Eat lead, walking pile of silver! (greedy Player)
I...I can't do it. Leave it alive, please!(inner soul)
It lives 200 years to end up as a jacket?!(realists mind)
If I would go to vacation in off-Earth, even fictional place, I'd choose Nibel.

Headshotkill

Quote from: kubolek01 on August 16, 2017, 12:34:28 PM
Quote from: flonz on August 12, 2017, 07:53:48 PM
You took all mods from forum or what?! Approx. 250 mods here!

And then you realise he's probably been playing that colony for many many hours and it didn't crash...

BoogieMan

Here is most of my current one, minus some storerooms and a few bedrooms and some power utilities. Going to stop using the mud moat since it seems a bit OP.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

MemeTurtle

Looks like this topic has not been receiving a lot of attention lately. Let me fix that with a couple of images of my fortress:

Instead of using an army of hauler huskies I have decided to rely on industrial rollers to solve my logistics problems. Everything from raw food and animal products to mortar shells and bionics is automatically picked up by rollers and transported to the designated stockpiles. Circular rollers in workshops ensure that crafters always have a full pile of necessary resources nearby to maximize crafting efficiency. External layer of rollers is used to delivery ammo supplies to mortars and fuel to pods.

The base requires almost 500kW of power, which is produced by 6 nuclear reactors. In case of emergency, such as solar flare, industrial sections as well parts of the defense grid can be turned off by switches in the central hub.

The external layer of turrets helps keep the colony safe and effectively turns the entire map into one giant killbox. Why have one, small area, designated for killing your enemies, when you can turn the entire desert into a land of death and destruction:

If only enemies knew how to coordinate(https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=35713.0) their drop-pod attacks

with regular raids they could have a chance in destroying my fortress.

ZornieKins

With this Colony all I started with was a pawn and a housekeeper cat. This photo is a little outdated though, as I've since added a cooling room next to my heating one, and switched around my kitchen to be more effective.

Quote from: Mikhail Reign on August 07, 2015, 02:12:32 AM
I mean at least the human wallets WANTED to be human wallets - cows don't get much say.

Stormtrooper

My very own glittertech city.

https://imgur.com/a/0X8UD

Grishnerf

ill Play chess against myself on the ingame built chessboard :D
mostly vanilla, most game-play changing mods : tilled Soil and rt-fuse.
Born in Toxic Fallout
Drop-Pod Escape Artist

Traven

Some Pawn Fortress)

LouisTBR

It's nothing huge. It's a nice, humble, slow-paced way of playing, with each colonist living their own lives. Each person grows their own food for winter, everybody does their own work. Meals aren't stockpiled high, we cook each morning and night. Each little 'cabin' is personal, with focus put into decoration so each cabin is unique but not overflowing with plant pots simply for beauty's sake. The gates are locked for each of their respective owners, and all cleaning, sowing and repairing in that area is done by the dwellers.

It makes for a more personable colony, with each character having a wildly different story as opposed to being a drone for a huge base.

Only in RimWorld is the phrase "31 Heavily-Armed Siegers are currently bombing your base" preferable to "50 manhunting squirrels are attacking your colony"

BioFringe

This is obviously not my full colony but I thought that I'd share this. Hope that it's ok. The Barn connects with the Spider Den left to right (READ: Barn on the left).  Also, you might have to scroll sideways to get the full picture...

This sentence is false.

BioFringe

Sorry. I could only attach 1 per post because of the size limit, which seems rather small but o'well.

This sentence is false.

sadpickle

Quote from: LouisTBR on October 20, 2017, 12:24:11 PM
It's nothing huge. It's a nice, humble, slow-paced way of playing, with each colonist living their own lives. Each person grows their own food for winter, everybody does their own work. Meals aren't stockpiled high, we cook each morning and night. Each little 'cabin' is personal, with focus put into decoration so each cabin is unique but not overflowing with plant pots simply for beauty's sake. The gates are locked for each of their respective owners, and all cleaning, sowing and repairing in that area is done by the dwellers.

It makes for a more personable colony, with each character having a wildly different story as opposed to being a drone for a huge base.
I like it, your colony is very comfy. Looks actually livable.

Chortles

I'll upload my colony as well.  I hope I can still load it for A18 considering the amount of mods that I have.

marc0910