Started by Celthric Aysen, April 06, 2014, 11:17:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chonchon

Quote from: Adamiks on May 30, 2015, 12:32:46 AM
Wow :o These are amazing, Chonchon! Do you can upload your modpack? ^^
If no i just want these aliens ;D

Here's the aliens

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=10326.0

I also have wave survival and zombie apocalypse, and I screwed around with the storytellers to make raids really, really huge.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=9759.0

This mod is great because it makes guns not suck so much and also adds machine guns which are sexy as

Adamiks

Thanks! I will avenge your soldiers!

*but first i need to make A10 patches for these mods*

jaidens111

Could you toss the A10 patch my way? I wanna kill bugs too.
also how the heck did he mod the storyteller?!

Chonchon

Quote from: jaidens111 on May 30, 2015, 02:51:01 PM
Could you toss the A10 patch my way? I wanna kill bugs too.
also how the heck did he mod the storyteller?!

truth be told I just modified the Wave Survival Storyteller, but even then it doesn't satisfy me. So whenever an attack happens, I turn on godmode, roll a die, and whatever number happens is how many times I click "Send Raid"

sparda666

First time back since A6 or A7 and boy a lot has changed. My number 1 most hated enemy is ColdSnap/HeatWave.

After a lot of trial and error learning the new systems, here is a very utility-oriented colony.

Here is the farm where I get my resources and energy. Pretty boring, but its efficient and lets me worry about other things. maintaining the crops is a handful but having a plot for each type of growable plant is fun to explore and it lets my pseudo-OCD have fun organizing everything (note the sorted stockpiles for individual meat and vegetable types in the giant freezer, then). Also, Dat surplus

The sorted edibles are frozen next to the kitchen with a little fridge unit to store cooked meals and beer. The rec room has a brewery next to the hops section of the freezer and some billiards tables for fun times. North of that, is the military medical ward containing weapons, medical beds and medicine. On the west side is the production area where materials are sorted in their individual stockpiles and excess materials and manufactured products are sorted and stored next to trade beacons in the northern room.

This is the barracks. Its not too fancy. I'm venting all rooms into the hall and then shoving an assload of coolers to blow heat into the unroofed clearing inside the mountain. This clearing also contains my trade beacon for storing silver and has a geothermal to the south off-screen.

And here is the whole colony. The northern side faces the open world and the turrets can be used to manually hunt game so my colonists don't have to. I originally built it to stop raids, but the moment i finished it, all the raids turned into sages anyway. there is a prisoner facility where I extract raider organs and then drag them into the butchering room to get their meat and leathers.

And that's it! Any advice? I still kind of don't know how everything works.

Trish42

This is Rimton, the longest time I spent in a single colony and the largest one in both the colonist numbers (25) and overall space. Also with the highest beauty factor so far and a fairly good defense system.

http://imgur.com/a/2gieo

Ahhh, the days of immersion in this colony :) Most of the time as I play, leaving the planet is not my objective (I'm here to stay :)), but building a nice place for my colonists to be happy in :)

Didn't know about the F9 toggling UI at the time of taking screenshots, so that's a handy tip if you don't already know about it.

Noobshock

zodium

sparda666

Quote from: Chonchon on May 29, 2015, 12:46:48 PM
man, those berets are pretty awesome...

Hey Chonchon your army is amazing. Im trying to use hats to organize my army as well. I just got apparello but the crafting is really confusing. I looked in the recipe defs and I cant seem to find a def for berets. are a lot of the hats in apparello not craftable?

Sujus

There are defence lines and more fields, but they didn't fit at the screenshot ^^
I hope there are more performance patches coming, because the game is a bit laggy with so many people :/

RemingtonRyder

Patrykbono20

Quote from: sparda666 on June 04, 2015, 12:08:20 AM
First time back since A6 or A7 and boy a lot has changed. My number 1 most hated enemy is ColdSnap/HeatWave.

After a lot of trial and error learning the new systems, here is a very utility-oriented colony.
And that's it! Any advice? I still kind of don't know how everything works.

Seed of map and location, please :D

Cdr.Keen

be water my friend!

TwixFunSize

My biggest base has only made it to maybe 20 people :P

muffins

This is PocketVale, originally named because it was started in a small, easily defended vale. Now it's a little bigger.

I have something like 90+ colonists and plan to keep growing the colony until my system starts to lag.

HUGE composite pic below.