Started by Celthric Aysen, April 06, 2014, 11:17:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celthric Aysen

Here's mine:

Don't be shy, show us your colony!
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

Darastrix

My latest one. Currently moving all outdoor assets indoors for better protection!

The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.

Monkfish

My last colony, "Blitheron Prime", at day 178 on Chill Callie Classic.

Connected rate shown was with everything on. Turrets were normally switched off, as were all lights in unused areas as well as anything else that's just not in use or essential, to bring consumption down to around 9,000W. 18,000Wd storage capacity meant I could easily run the colony on through an eclipse, although I'd often drop down to essentials only to preserve power for the turrets in case of raiders, of which there were many. Speaking of which, check out those graves! I'm not one for just jumping bodies in a pile and burning them, so I dug a grave for every person that has died. 136 at this point, about 1/3 of which are probably colonists. Population varied between 8-12 for a lot of the time, gaining when several travellers pass through and dropping after each raider attack. Capacity was 15 + 3 prisoners, partly because I gave every bedroom a 6x5 footprint. My intention was to gain the "spacious interior" buff but I later learnt that it doesn't apply when the colonist's sleep.

The colony fell a few days after this screenshot. A solar flare combined with a large raider attack saw pretty much everyone dead, and those that were rescued mid-combat lay in their beds with no-one to tend to them. My current game is on Friendly Phoebe (I fancied seeing how big I could make a colony) and the intake rate has been stupid. The place is already sprawling. I'll post some shots of it soon.
<insert witty signature here>

Morden

With what do you take screens folks ? I tried with the regular screenshot key, but for some reason, it take only my desk.

Celthric Aysen

Quote from: Morden on April 06, 2014, 08:07:29 PM
With what do you take screens folks ? I tried with the regular screenshot key, but for some reason, it take only my desk.
If i remember correctly you press F11 while in game.

BallsMcGee

My current colony, not my biggest but definitely my most efficient.

Celthric Aysen

FtDLulz

I'd post mine, but in my opinion it is nowhere near complete enough to even hold off the most basic of attacks, let alone look nice :P

Awesome work though.

Hakello

Well here is my most succesfull colony with only 5 deaths on RandyRandom (3 of which had gone psychotic after fighting of 3 waves right after eachother :P). The most damaging raid was actually a massive squirrel attack consisting of over 10 squirrels rushing in and attacking everywhere. No deaths but over 5 incapacitated lol. Perhaps I should stop feeding them human flesh :(

Celthric Aysen

Quote from: Hakello on April 07, 2014, 09:04:21 AM
-snip-
But that grave yard tho, you can burn corpses inside the grave.

onashu

Nice colonies everybody. Here is my latest one, played on Randy Random. I managed to get really lucky and not get attacked by raiders for the longest time while I set up my base, then when they started coming in waves, I was ready. Only lost one colonist so far.

Celthric Aysen

Quote from: onashu on April 08, 2014, 10:07:04 PM
Nice colonies everybody. Here is my latest one, played on Randy Random. I managed to get really lucky and not get attacked by raiders for the longest time while I set up my base, then when they started coming in waves, I was ready. Only lost one colonist so far.

now thats awesome.

Ender

Quote from: Blackjack1000K on April 09, 2014, 10:57:03 AM
Quote from: onashu on April 08, 2014, 10:07:04 PM

now thats awesome.

that's simply beautiful.... i do think my next colony shall be built with aesthetics in mind instead of being massively military...
The voices in my head tell me to burn colonists....

onashu

I'm glad you guys like it. I think my favorite part is my design for the entrance (top right). North of the picture, where you can't see it there's just a big opening where I let the raiders come as they please. The turrets are all spaced apart just enough so when one blows up it doesn't hit any of the others. I made the walls stone and I also left those gaps in them, because I noticed your colonists receive more cover when poking out from a wall then hiding behind sandbags. And if they start taking hits, I can easily move them into cover before they drop. Even if the raiders manage to get into those positions, the turrets can just turn sideways and light them up. Like I said: only lost one colonist so far!

Ender

Quote from: onashu on April 09, 2014, 08:29:46 PM
I'm glad you guys like it. I think my favorite part is my design for the entrance (top right). North of the picture, where you can't see it there's just a big opening where I let the raiders come as they please. The turrets are all spaced apart just enough so when one blows up it doesn't hit any of the others. I made the walls stone and I also left those gaps in them, because I noticed your colonists receive more cover when poking out from a wall then hiding behind sandbags. And if they start taking hits, I can easily move them into cover before they drop. Even if the raiders manage to get into those positions, the turrets can just turn sideways and light them up. Like I said: only lost one colonist so far!

yep, standard, but i personally dont use turrets, for me they are way to much of a drain on metal, I prefer to use man power.
The voices in my head tell me to burn colonists....