Show us your colony [Mega Thread]

Started by Celthric Aysen, April 06, 2014, 11:17:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sion

Quote from: daft73 on April 24, 2014, 01:10:09 PM
Quote from: Sion on April 24, 2014, 12:47:59 PM....
Your image sparked a thought in me and I created this:......
This is a room where all the walls are made of doors  :P
I just wanted to try if the game would recognize it as a room, and it did  ;D
Now I just need to figure out a use for it, the only downside is that when the colonists want to go around it, they go around... but inside the "walls" thru ALL the doors.

hehe, those 'doors' are actually Glass windows from a mod.

Yeah, but they look like iron doors, that's enough inspiration for me  :D
So many ideas... so little time...
Silence is the worst answer.

daft73

;D Glad I could spark your imagination mate.

Xanting

It has been a while sense my last post of my colony and as you can see it grew bigger. You can see my aversion of building over soil.

Architect

Youve got a proper little village going on there XD
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

CountJeffrey

I like all these colonies who have built outside and not the standard inside a mountain like Dwarf Fortress, I think it adds to the challenge of the game and makes it more fun :). I might post my colony later but I tend to lose them before they get as big and powerful like other players here :P.

Sion

Quote from: Xanting on April 25, 2014, 06:45:07 AM
It has been a while sense my last post of my colony and as you can see it grew bigger. You can see my aversion of building over soil.

How do you defend that?
Could you post some pictures of a battle?
So many ideas... so little time...
Silence is the worst answer.

daft73

Quote from: Sion on April 25, 2014, 10:09:16 AM....
How do you defend that?Could you post some pictures of a battle?....
Well I have built similar bases and had little to do with raiders. I suppose it all depends on how quickly, if at all, you build turrets. I have not built turrets in a base since Nov-Dec'13, and have lost no base to raiders. The game really does cater to your current setup.

bleedo

Which means my noob cave will get really beat up. :) Starting to have trouble with the number of peeps coming to hit me.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

dd0029

This is my most recent Cassandra colony. About the only real challenge anymore is a raider drop in that area to the right of my trade beacon. Even then, 11 mini guns kills everything. I just need to remember not to use the prison room door for cover. Rich nearly got sawed in half doing that last time.

I am using Better Power for lighted walls and buried conduit. I also used the Workplaces mod to arm up earlier than I really should have.

daft73

Never a dull day at El Pueblo Unido... ;D

Technotica

This is my little mountain retreat, nice and square but not that big yet:

Geeves

You could do with just the middle Sunlamp on the hydroponics bays.
Other then that, the only problem I see with your colony, is that there are only 3 colours of carpet out there :)
You know it is bedtime when you open a file called GeneralEffecters.xml and the first 2 words you notice are: Butcher and Children.
==============
Learning to program is easy. Learning to put what is in your mind into programming code, now that is the hard part.

Technotica

Wait are you saying there are more colors than red blue and green? :)

I put stone walls before the turrets now, it is a nice tower defense game now, the enemies have to come at the towers in small groups which makes them far more manageable!

daft73

Well those aren't exactly Hydroponics, that is just how I set up my farming areas. Indoor farming, I just remove the roof. Keeps the critters away. ;) The green lights are just there for color. ::)

...Sorry about the mess, some crazy nomads just showed up.

daft73

Quote from: Technotica on April 28, 2014, 02:24:46 PM
Wait are you saying there are more colors than red blue and green? :)....
If you use mods, there are others available. pic of older base with alternative carpet colors...