[MOD] (Alpha 4F) Grassless Sand (v.1.0)

Started by ItchyFlea, April 06, 2014, 09:46:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItchyFlea

Grassless Sand v1.0

Description:
This mod prevents Poverty grass and Dandelions from growing on sand, while still allowing Saguaro cactus and Pincushion cactus to grow.

Mod Team:
Download:
Grassless Sand v1.0

How to install:

• Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
  • Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.
Screens:

Notes:
  • May cause slight performance hit when first starting a new world. This is caused by the method used to limit the number of cactus that spawn during world generation. Shouldn't last more than 30 seconds once the game has started.
  • Now works in A4F.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Vas

This should be default with the game.  Sand shouldn't have grass, it should have a different type of weed that grows out there.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

Kilroy232

Its kind of critical of me but I always thought that the grass should not grow in the sand and it would get the point were I would make them cut the grass away so this is awesome :D

Thanks

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Celthric Aysen

My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

ItchyFlea

All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International

Kilroy232

Hyperion

Yes grass can grow on sand, but it brings a nice clean look to the game when does not.

HexCube

ItchyFlea

Quote from: Espresso on June 25, 2014, 06:27:15 PM
Update? :)
Done. Download link in OP has been updated. :)

I'd forgotten about this mod, which is why it wasn't updated until now. Oops. :-\

HexCube

Quote from: ItchyFlea on June 25, 2014, 07:21:54 PM
Quote from: Espresso on June 25, 2014, 06:27:15 PM
Update? :)
Done. Download link in OP has been updated. :)

I'd forgotten about this mod, which is why it wasn't updated until now. Oops. :-\
Lol.

StorymasterQ

Can we pretend that all the deserts and sands of the world have grass, except for those (if any) in Brazil? Then we can say that this is a mod that gives deserts a Brazilian. BA DUM TSS!
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

JKTD1919

Should be a different sand type that can't foster grass because it's so fine and dry.

The grassy sands are what we have now, but once you go like twelve squares into sand, the grass shouldn't be able to work anymore.
Os iusti meditabitur sapientian, et lingua eius loquetur iudicium. Venerit vir qui sufferit tentationem.