Help with bill skills

Started by Rock5, December 20, 2016, 11:08:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rock5

This might be a stupid question but after playing Rimworld for a long time I still sometime find myself sometimes confused as to which skill is associated with benches and bills.

Take for example Cremating. Looking at the recipe description and all it says is skills required: none. I like the fact that bills tell you the skill requirements but it doesn't tell you which skill to tick in the work tab to do it.

I did a search though the core folder but couldn't find any reference to the skill needed to be ticked to do it.

Could someone tell me where I can find which skill needs to be ticked?

And I'm not just talking about cremation but other cryptic bills such as making medicine, brewery, etc.

Hm... Maybe this could be a suggestion to add it to the bill description?

Edit: Oops. Topic ended up in Mods. I'm pretty sure I put it in the root Rimworld forum. Could someone move it please?
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Lubricus

I agree. In workGivers.xml It says cremate corpse belongs to hauling. I suppose the speed is constant and won't be affected by any skill?

Der Failer

Quote from: Rock5 on December 20, 2016, 11:08:15 AM
Hm... Maybe this could be a suggestion to add it to the bill description?
Yes, i think this would help a lot, in particular for new players. It would also be nice in case a mod adds new work types, or has ... lets say interesting ideas which work type some recipes need.

Quote from: Rock5 on December 20, 2016, 11:08:15 AMTake for example Cremating. Looking at the recipe description and all it says is skills required: none. I like the fact that bills tell you the skill requirements but it doesn't tell you which skill to tick in the work tab to do it.

I did a search though the core folder but couldn't find any reference to the skill needed to be ticked to do it.

Could someone tell me where I can find which skill needs to be ticked?

And I'm not just talking about cremation but other cryptic bills such as making medicine, brewery, etc.
Form how i unterstand the structure, there are two places to look for this information.
The first would be the WorkGivers, here all(?) work related activities (like bills, building related work and other stuff) get there associated work type (like Construct, Cook or Craft), as well as some other information.
To pick up your Cremating example. All Bills form the Electric Crematorium get associated with the work type Hauling.

The second seems to be the RecipesDef, in here <requiredGiverWorkType> can defined.
I'm honestly not really sure how this one works and how it relates to the WorkGivers. I've played around with it a bit, but have yet to understand its purpose fully.
For example I've changed it in the BurnApparel recipe to Cleaning, but that only broke it and i was unable to get a colonist to do the bill, only after changed the work type for Cremate Bill in WorkGivers to Cleaning as well, it worked as expected.

I hope this helps you :)
I also hope i didn't mess things up.

Edit: Well look like Lubricus was a bit faster then me ...

Rock5

Thanks guys. I actually looked at workgiver but somehow missed the worktype value. That will do for now then. It would still be nice to see it in the game though.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport