The Happenings of Hope's Landing

Started by danderson, October 17, 2013, 02:46:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

danderson

Last night's playthrough, with a newly adaptable Cassandra Classic. After many cycles, this new Cassie ended up being too nice to me, and so I decided to voluntarily declare my colony a success, rather than go the usual route of surrendering it to pirate destruction after failing at tactics. Cassie's behavior has been tightened up again since.

The album, with captions, is right here: http://goo.gl/r9fyWG

What I'm mainly learning is that I like my wall+sandbag defenses. Used well, they confer a big advantage without being/looking excessively min-maxey.

What should I do next? Any suggestions for build styles, particular storytellers and so forth?

Semmy

I'd say try surviving in a outside enviroment.
So no digging into the mountain except for minerals/materials.
Living and everything you should do outside. Dont know if its a challenge though. havent played myself so.

nice story great pictures btw (-:
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

Lechai

miah999

MarchingHome

I like this format a lot!
Please keep posting these. Thank you for the entertainment :-)

Tynan

I greatly enjoyed the first serious assault there :)
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

SteveAdamo

nice write-up danderson! im curious about one of the early slides... you wrote:

QuoteConstructing a dormitory. In the long run, it'll be our prisoner cell block, but for now it'll house our colonists.

i think i've only seen other players use the more comfortable beds for prisoners... so, two questions:

1) i suppose we can use the sleeping mats for prisoners?
2) does this have an impact on how long it takes to recruit them to your cause?

miah999

You can uses sleeping spots for prisoners.

But a nice environment does seem to speed things up a bit, but there are other factors that help more like a really good warden. For instance I made a "Courtesan" my warden, she had level 10 social skill, and recruitment came as soon as they could walk again.

SleepyFox

Quote from: miah999 on October 18, 2013, 12:42:51 PM
You can uses sleeping spots for prisoners.

But a nice environment does seem to speed things up a bit, but there are other factors that help more like a really good warden. For instance I made a "Courtesan" my warden, she had level 10 social skill, and recruitment came as soon as they could walk again.

All you need to do is get her registered for the Companion's Guild. Never run into a Courtesan, not yet.
Streaming Games 24/7 @ InsomniacGamers.net

fraggdya

Really liked this story :D thanks!

Hi BTW :o

RADIOACTIVEham

This was a really cool story! This is by far one of my favorite settlements I've seen. :D