When I meet my character

Started by rambo2016, December 20, 2016, 06:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rambo2016

Hi there!
My friend bought the game a few years ago with his personal character. But he have not met him for many hours of play. When he meet him? Or he need something else to do?

Katak

In Options, you can specify characters that you want to see. If his character is in the database you should be able to search it there in the options.

rambo2016

thank you, but if you do not select in the settings of his character, can he come to the game itself accidentally?

rambo2016

nobody know this? come on dudes somebody?
If I will not specify characters in options, will it come someday to me in the colony? How it works?

HenrEek

As far as I know, every "Name in Game" entered has the same chance as any other, to appear in the game. I've met several of those entries, in 3 months of light-to-moderate gaming...

Katak

Yes, you should be able to encounter them randomly, even without specifying them in the options.  I did notice that I see a lot of the same guys/gals frequently, even without any names set in options, though, so maybe world seed is a contributing factor as well??  Dev would have to confirm that hypothesis though. 

milon

I don't believe the world seed has any impact on seeing Name In Game Characters.  But there's a LOT of them, so odds are low of finding a specific one without entering the name as mentioned above.

rambo2016

thanks all for answers! If somebody finds new information about this, write here please, thank you!