NEED YOUR IDEAS for Industrial RIM Alpha 3!

Started by Cala13er, April 07, 2014, 04:16:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cala13er

Quote from: Finn on April 07, 2014, 05:02:51 PM
Here's an idea.

Some sort of machine that is placed on the ground, costs between 250 Metal to 500 metal.
Its soul purpose is to act as third party miner, not requiring any colonist use but relies on electricity, and dumps the metal into some sort of industrial hopper.

My plans are to completely remove "metal" and start introducing actual metals. (Iron and others). And also add alloys (Steel and others).

I have also added an Industrial Hopper!

confusedwings

don't know if this is 'indutrial' enough...

- EMP protected battery... Protects stored energy from solar flairs...
- EMP protected walls... keeps working even if there is a solar flair...
- EMP protected walls with lights... keeps on shinning... etc

just some ideas

Darker

Currently, EMP protection seems to be quite complicated things. It's actually not the devices itself, but their "connection nodes" that get's disabled. This means, they just get cut off the wires for the duration of solar flare.

You'd need a different kind of power component to get this to work.
Please... Throw human readable errors on savefile parsing failure!!!
Rim world editor Editor on GIT

confusedwings

i don't know much about modding... i only see that in real world, for every event there is some tech. to help against the negative effects of it... but in the game 'solar flair' are to powerfull...

if i would know how to disable solar flairs or the effect of it... i would do it... what's the reason for events if you can't do anything against it :p

Finn

Quote from: Cala13er on April 07, 2014, 05:38:37 PM
Quote from: Finn on April 07, 2014, 05:02:51 PM
Here's an idea.

Some sort of machine that is placed on the ground, costs between 250 Metal to 500 metal.
Its soul purpose is to act as third party miner, not requiring any colonist use but relies on electricity, and dumps the metal into some sort of industrial hopper.

My plans are to completely remove "metal" and start introducing actual metals. (Iron and others). And also add alloys (Steel and others).

I have also added an Industrial Hopper!

But would it be possible to add the third party miner? Instead of sending colonists to mine, you could put down 3/4 of those bad boys and roll in the metal. (They wouldn't be fast though.)

Celthric Aysen

Here's one
[Clay mores]
Requires: 75 Scrap Metal
Description: The Claymore fires steel balls, out to about 100 m (110 yd) within a 60° arc in front of the device
Research Points needed: 1000

Edit: Also is it possible to add an Fluid System in your mod, like in Factorio? I can see some stuff that can make some oil,fuel,water,pipes and stuff usefull.
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

Gavin

Quote from: Blackjack1000K on April 08, 2014, 06:02:03 AMEdit: Also is it possible to add an Fluid System in your mod, like in Factorio? I can see some stuff that can make some oil,fuel,water,pipes and stuff usefull.

Like a sprinkler system to automatically put out fires? That would be useful in/near bases, inside growing zones, etc.

Celthric Aysen

Quote from: Gavin on April 10, 2014, 09:31:20 PM
Quote from: Blackjack1000K on April 08, 2014, 06:02:03 AMEdit: Also is it possible to add an Fluid System in your mod, like in Factorio? I can see some stuff that can make some oil,fuel,water,pipes and stuff usefull.

Like a sprinkler system to automatically put out fires? That would be useful in/near bases, inside growing zones, etc.
yeah something like that, also fire hose, and tanks to store water, lava for geothermal generator, oil for Power generator, water for colonist to drink and to water stuff with.
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

americany13

iame6162013

Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

zekeen

How about adding in another source of industrial development - the way of prefabrication.

Add in a new selection of resources in the form of prefabricated materials. This allows for the speedy and easy construction of new advanced building utilities.

The unique aspect of this is that the construction time is spent in creating the resources, similar to stone bricks, but takes a much longer time as it does produce a higher quality item. The benefit is being able to construct defenses quickly when a dire situation comes up with most of the construction time spent inside the safety of your base beforehand.

Iron Fabrication Bench: Produces Prefabrication Sections at a slow rate by a crafter.

Iron Barricade: Advanced form of sandbags, longer crossing time, more life, if possible, more defense

Prefabricated Metal Wall: More HP, doesn't catch fire, still processes electricity

Gun Port: A wall that acts like a barricade but cannot be passed through. Has a higher life and defense, but significantly more costly. No electricty

Allow Variants - These are your super quality, spaceship hull grade prefab parts. slower and much more costly to produce, but has extended benefits.

Alloy Fabrication Bench: Produces Advanced Prefabrication Sections

Advanced Metal Barricade: An alloy made barricade with improved stats AND allows for electricity to flow through it. Does not catch fire when destroyed. (Helps with turrets being added down range.)

Advanced Prefab Metal Wall: A much sturdier wall.

Advanced Gun Port: A better gun port and also allow electricity through it. Does not catch fire.

Some additional things that would be fun would be the inclusion of Lead to create shielding used in advanced shielded electronics (I hate solar flares...) and maybe the ability to create concrete for a cheaper less durable type of the prefab section.

And how about a few sci-fi like guns like a pulse rifle or something with blue short laser looking bullets, just for variance.

Cala13er

I don't see at all how that is Industrial Related! But I may take it up in my second mod :)

iame6162013

Quote from: Cala13er on April 14, 2014, 04:19:25 PM
I don't see at all how that is Industrial Related! But I may take it up in my second mod :)

but ain't the "Alloy Fabrication Bench" somewhat industrial ?:p
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

keylocke

how about adding ammunition crates?

first limit each weapon to only have a few clips (ie : 3-5), so after 3-5 reloads, the colonist would run towards the nearest ammo crate to get more clips. same thing happens for the raiders, so that long battles eventually devolves to melee. bayonets would be awesome.

ammo bills use slag debris or metal for production. and ammo crates would act like stockpiles which players can connect to conveyor belts. so that ammo crafters can keep funneling bullet clips to the ammo crates for the soldiers in the front line. (like a supply chain)

similar production lines can also be used to create first-aid kit to medics, tools for the workers, and other consumable items that are necessary for the colony.

(something similar to the system implemented in Banished. tools degrade over time and needs to be replaced. forcing a stable production line to become essential for large colonies)

Cala13er

Quote from: keylocke on April 14, 2014, 07:44:14 PM
how about adding ammunition crates?

first limit each weapon to only have a few clips (ie : 3-5), so after 3-5 reloads, the colonist would run towards the nearest ammo crate to get more clips. same thing happens for the raiders, so that long battles eventually devolves to melee. bayonets would be awesome.

ammo bills use slag debris or metal for production. and ammo crates would act like stockpiles which players can connect to conveyor belts. so that ammo crafters can keep funneling bullet clips to the ammo crates for the soldiers in the front line. (like a supply chain)

similar production lines can also be used to create first-aid kit to medics, tools for the workers, and other consumable items that are necessary for the colony.

(something similar to the system implemented in Banished. tools degrade over time and needs to be replaced. forcing a stable production line to become essential for large colonies)

All hardcoded, doubt i'd be able to replicate what you've suggested.