[A16] Unable to claim or destroy AI built siege weapons or defenses.

Started by jacko21297, December 20, 2016, 09:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jacko21297

Seige weapons and barricades left behind by AI factions following a seige will be un-removable or destroyable.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
1. Load Rimworld Alpha 16 version
2. Initiate a pirate seige raid.
3. Attack the pirates almost immediately after they initiate building their mortars and sandbags.
4. Attempt to destroy or claim sandbags left behind.

Actual Result:
Note how the user will be unable to interact with the seige weapons or sandbags.

Expected Result:
The user should be able to claim or destroy all assets left behind by AI seige pirates.

Additional Information:
It has also been noted that some of the AI pirates that initate building the seige weapons will prefer to build the defenses when they are being attacked.

Please see the attached screenshot's for further reference.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]
“It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.” ― André Gide

jacko21297

Additional attachment provided for further reference.

“It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.” ― André Gide

Rafe009

I can also confirm i'm having this problem with the latest version. The claim flag function no longer works nor can i deconstruct sandbags or mortars of the enemy

Hieronymous Alloy

Same bug here. I can even send my own people to operate the mortars, just can't deconstruct them.
My Rimworld guide on steam (updated for A16!): http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=813720217

Tynan

I've just tried several times to reproduce this and failed.

Can you guys provide more precise repro steps that you've tried from the start?

Alternatively, a savegame where the enemies are about to flee and the bug is about to occur would really be helpful.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Hieronymous Alloy

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0YcQofFDRHhUGlPRXVHX001ZUk/view?usp=sharing

Should be a link to a savefile from a little bit before the bug happens. There is a remnant of a prior seige on the north part of the map that has the same bug.
My Rimworld guide on steam (updated for A16!): http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=813720217

Tynan

I'm afraid I can't load the save as it was saved with a half dozen mods.

Does anyone have this happening in an unmodded game?
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Thyme

I have this in A15 with a single sandbag (was able to deconstruct the others). Won't provide a save, unless asked, because I also have half a dozen mods.
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

Mihsan

I can confirm this bug for unmoded game. Happened at least twice. Mortars and sandbags could not be claimed even after siege was defeated.
Pain, agony and mechanoids.

ItchyFlea

Quote from: Mihsan on December 24, 2016, 10:47:55 AM
I can confirm this bug for unmoded game. Happened at least twice. Mortars and sandbags could not be claimed even after siege was defeated.
Please provide your save demonstrating this.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Voeter

Happens to mee too. Unmodded A16.1393. The mortars burned down, but most of the sandbags are still there. Those are unclaimable and not targetable for deconstruction.

Sinosauropteryx

Unmodded game, latest build. Un-deconstructable, unclaimable structures are in the south of the map.

Whole body          RimWorld addiction

mostevil

I've also had this happen.  Neither claimable nor destructible.
Save attached. 

I went out and engaged them before they completed the defences.  In case that's a factor.

Currently v16.1393

ftp://ftp.enodatio.co.uk/pub/Welsh%20%28Permadeath%29.zip

mostevil

Quote from: mostevil on December 29, 2016, 03:23:07 PM
Currently v16.1393
Today I've gone back in and it's let me claim them... It's still 16.1393.
I have recruited or accidentally killed off all the prisoners in medical experiments and now I can claim them.  So I guess it's probably their presence in the cells that's upsetting it?

Gleerok

I can confirmar this. Oddly, I believe the guy on my cell was preventing it until i recruited him. Also, as long as the bug was in effect other sieges Raiders would go after the bugged siege sandbags for repairs often travelling across the map