Zero sound ingame since update

Started by Mese, December 20, 2016, 09:44:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mese

So I played my game earlier today (alpha 15 , modded to hell) and it worked perfectly

Cut to just now , went to play my game and Steam auto-updated it to alpha 16 (grrrr) so ive lost my alpha 15 colony which I was enjoying playing

I remove all the mods , close the game completely and reopen ... and theres zero sound ingame , nothing at all , no music on the opening screen , no music or sound effects at all in the  new game I just started, zilch

Please help ... and bear in mind I have no techie skills whatsoever

Edited to add ... ive since uninstalled rimworld and reinstalled , still have the zero sound thing

Calahan

Please can you state which operating system you are using, and can you also please post your log file as a file attachment. Details on where to find your log file can be found in the following thread (see#6)
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=513.0

Mese

Im using Windows 10

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Tynan

First, if you want to continue an alpha15 colony, just follow the instructions in the alpha 16 release announcement (you can read them on ludeon.com/blog).

As for the sounds, there's nothing in the log file. Your report is unique so I suspect it's a settings or OS/Unity issue. Please check that your sound isn't set to zero in the options menu.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Mese

Quote from: Tynan on December 21, 2016, 09:54:04 AM
First, if you want to continue an alpha15 colony, just follow the instructions in the alpha 16 release announcement (you can read them on ludeon.com/blog).

As for the sounds, there's nothing in the log file. Your report is unique so I suspect it's a settings or OS/Unity issue. Please check that your sound isn't set to zero in the options menu.

Thanks Tynan :)
How do I check the not set to zero thing ?

Tynan

Just go to options and set the sound volume slider to the right.

Vortmax

I am having this same issue. Sound was fine with a15, but after the update yesterday, nothing.

I have also tried restarting, starting a new game, uninstalling/reinstalling with no luck. Have also updated audio and video drivers.
OS is Win10. My sound settings in game are not zero (I tried putting them down to zero and back up, to see what would happen - answer is nothing :) ).

Otherwise sound on the computer (and in other Steam games) is working fine.

nccvoyager

I have seen a few reports of Unity games randomly becoming muted upon an update.
For some reason, after an update, the audio was muted in the Windows volume mixer panel.
I even experienced this myself once, with KSP.

Click the speaker icon on the taskbar notification icon area, (usually located in the bottom-right corner of the screen on default Windows setups,) then click "mixer" on the small box that pops up.
Ensure RimWorld is not muted or set to a very low volume there.

Vortmax

Update for my situation - I disabled the surround sound component of my audio (Razer Synapse) and I have sound in game. If I re-enable Synapse, I lose Rimworld sound again.

So that seems to be the root of the problem for me, at least.

Mese

Ive tried everything ... still no sound at all in Rimworld .. everything else is working just fine , only Rimworld is affected

Tynan

Moving this to support because it's not going to be RW code, it'll be Unity, OS, or drivers.

Magic Mushroom

Sounds like the same issue I am having, did you find a solution after? If I set it to A15 in steam it works fine but A16 is totally silent, no music, SFX, nothing.

Loving the new update so far but its suprising just how much atmosphere/immersion is lost with no audio :(

Tynan

That's real strange. I have this worry that a Unity new version is causing some rare problem.

If y'all would post your sound driver info that'd be useful.

Magic Mushroom

I have a Creative Sound blaster X-Fi Xtreame Audio sound card, driver ver. 6.10.1.209 if that helps. The driver is really old (2012) but windows tells me its up to date and it works with everything else.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Undeadbanana

I'm experiencing this issue on one of my computers also. It's with the Razr Man O'War headset, I'll try disabling virtual surround sound to see if that fixes it for me also.