Operation Fail Chance Abnormally High

Started by TheClassiness, December 20, 2016, 09:49:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheClassiness

I don't know if anyone else has been encountering this, but I find myself having to savescum the instant an operation is about to be completed because of the insane amount of times my colonists have been assassinated. My most recent example is when my medicine 9 doctor, who operated in a clean, sterile tiled, hospital bed with beautiful surroundings, max consciousness, and with bionic arm completely stabbed a colonist to death trying to install a simple prosthetic leg.

I understand that losing, misery, and death are one of the most fun parts of the game and make for dramatic stories (I've been playing since Alpha 1), however this does not make for a fun experience or good storytelling. I have done nearly everything in my power to make this operation go correctly, spent easily over 3000 worth of resources to build this hospital, and spent 600 on a leg, only to keep assassinating my colonists.

I am unsure if this is a new bug, or a simple tuning from Tynan, but I really recommend that it's changed or adjusted in some way. Catastrophic failures happening 4 times in a row is pretty insane.

Thirite

It really ought to be fixed in the base game, but there is a mod by Twoski that fixes it. Only A15 for now, though.