[A16] Prison Extensions

Started by rshingleton, December 21, 2016, 12:04:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MisterVertigo

Quote from: SteelRev on December 21, 2016, 09:27:12 AM
Quote from: rshingleton on December 21, 2016, 09:21:00 AM
Quote from: SteelRev on December 21, 2016, 12:50:57 AM
The title gave me high hopes. I'm a little sad now.  Good job on the mod  either way.

Any suggestions on what you would like to see?

I put this together in around a an hour. I prefer the incremental development approach, so I had planned on adding more features (joy items for instance).

I was hoping that your MOD was similar to this old MOD that I would really like to see.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=10069.0

Totally this. I'd love to see a mod that just adds jail doors that prisoners can use so they can have individual rooms, and then a common area where they can mingle and eat their meals. Maybe a courtyard so they can go outside.

Someone else was working on a HUGE prison mod but the feature list was as long as a novel. 95% of it was stuff I personally don't want or need. I just want a prison door! :)
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

rshingleton

UPDATE: 12/23/2016
By popular request, I started looking at the old prison mods out there and was able to get some stuff out of it.
I Uploaded a new version to dropbox which needs testing with the following features:

• Added prison menu on architect tab
  • Added prison cell doors which prisoners can pass through
  • Added prisoner joy needs **needs tested with hospitality mod
  • Added security camera which can designate a room as a prison
  • Remove shared bedroom debuff from prisoners for bunk room style prisons

I've done a little testing, but would like to put it out there to see if anyone has any issues with this build.
**PS - This version is only available from the dropbox link for now. Once/If I get some feedback I will post it to steam as well.

-------
----------------------
Right.....

rshingleton

BUG FIX:
- Fixed bug where prisoner joy routines were causing an exception because prisoner couldn't reach drugs, removed drug request from joygiver routine for prisoners.
----------------------
Right.....

OmG_PotatoeZ

Tried to build cameras and cell doors.
1: Are cameras supposed to not require resources?
2: I keep getting an error for both of them.
https://gist.github.com/363765d2b14c74c5462656cb8a69e93c
The last two are the errors I receive. I am using a bunch of mods and if needed, I will list them.

SteelRev

Woot,  thank you so much.  Starting new colony to test this out with my list of mods.

edit: cell doors are not separating rooms as intended.  Cameras are free to build.  But are useless because of the doors not limiting the rooms. No errors yet with my mods.

koni

very wow!
is it possible to make it a content of your mod, that prisoners can be forced to wear special apparel?

rshingleton

Quote from: OmG_PotatoeZ on December 23, 2016, 10:30:52 PM
Tried to build cameras and cell doors.
1: Are cameras supposed to not require resources?
2: I keep getting an error for both of them.
https://gist.github.com/363765d2b14c74c5462656cb8a69e93c
The last two are the errors I receive. I am using a bunch of mods and if needed, I will list them.

Is the mod being included twice? Do you also have it subscribed on steam or something?
I see this at the beginning of your output log, just as the mods are loaded:

Easy Kibble: (no assemblies)
Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering: (no assemblies)
High Caliber: (no assemblies)
PrisonExtensions: PrisonExtensions(1.0.0.0)
PrisonExtensions: PrisonExtensions(1.0.0.0)

----------------------
Right.....

rshingleton

Quote from: SteelRev on December 23, 2016, 11:13:47 PM
Woot,  thank you so much.  Starting new colony to test this out with my list of mods.

edit: cell doors are not separating rooms as intended.  Cameras are free to build.  But are useless because of the doors not limiting the rooms. No errors yet with my mods.

Thanks for the feedback.

I'll look at the doors and cameras. I had to modify the xml from the original mod quite a bit, I probably overlooked it.

Not sure why the doors are non-blocking for the prison region, I'll dig into it.

It may be after tomorrow as it is Christmas and all.
----------------------
Right.....

rshingleton

Quote from: koni on December 24, 2016, 07:41:21 AM
very wow!
is it possible to make it a content of your mod, that prisoners can be forced to wear special apparel?

Possibly. Like prison uniforms? That would be interesting. You'd probably have to tailor them and everything.
----------------------
Right.....

Sammo346

Suggestion: A simple toggle to stop multiple prisoners colluding and picking the locks to escape.

rshingleton

Quote from: Sammo346 on December 24, 2016, 09:25:55 AM
Suggestion: A simple toggle to stop multiple prisoners colluding and picking the locks to escape.

Noted.
----------------------
Right.....

SteelRev

Quote from: rshingleton on December 24, 2016, 09:01:02 AM
Quote from: SteelRev on December 23, 2016, 11:13:47 PM

Thanks for the feedback.

I'll look at the doors and cameras. I had to modify the xml from the original mod quite a bit, I probably overlooked it.

Not sure why the doors are non-blocking for the prison region, I'll dig into it.

It may be after tomorrow as it is Christmas and all.
I wish you the best of luck with it.  I know the last guy who tried to update the mod couldn't get the doors to act correctly.

rshingleton

Quote from: SteelRev on December 24, 2016, 01:31:05 PM
we wish you the best of luck with it.  I know the last guy who tried to update the mod couldn't get the doors to act correctly.

Without looking into it to hard, or at all at this point, I think it has something to do with prisoner permissions. Since they can pass through the doors, the prison zone can also. The cameras would be useful for setting up work zones away from the prison, provided the warden pawns could transport the prisoners for instance. I need to think about how it should work and dig through the code some more.
----------------------
Right.....

fyi, I had started a mod which would allow for more complex interactions with prisoners but there have been core code changes which made things like doors virtually impossible without massive detours (trust me, I had to do it).  Prisoners don't "see" beyond the room they are in, they won't search beyond the room they are in and they can't access anything that isn't in the same room they are in, regardless of whether both rooms are prison cells and there is a proper door between them.  (By "proper" I mean one that is an actual portal between two regions assigned different room IDs).

Take a look at where I was with this mod and you'll see that just having a door for them to use is a monumental task now due to how the core code has changed.

Anyway, just to get doors to work took several detours in several low level systems which are not even visible to the player (ie, regions, region manager, (regions are not rooms, rooms are made up of regions), etc) as well as the detours to the player visible systems (needs, rooms, etc).

Unfortunately, making prisoners more than they are in the vanilla game has become a lot more work and thus my P&S mod is on hold until the game comes out of alpha.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.