[A16] Prison Extensions

Started by rshingleton, December 21, 2016, 12:04:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gaylenin

I think one of the biggest things that the community (but definitely myself) would appreciate is the ability to use prisoners as a source of labor, mining, crafting, farming etc.

OmG_PotatoeZ

Quote from: rshingleton on December 24, 2016, 08:58:48 AM
Quote from: OmG_PotatoeZ on December 23, 2016, 10:30:52 PM
Tried to build cameras and cell doors.
1: Are cameras supposed to not require resources?
2: I keep getting an error for both of them.
https://gist.github.com/363765d2b14c74c5462656cb8a69e93c
The last two are the errors I receive. I am using a bunch of mods and if needed, I will list them.

Is the mod being included twice? Do you also have it subscribed on steam or something?
I see this at the beginning of your output log, just as the mods are loaded:

Easy Kibble: (no assemblies)
Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering: (no assemblies)
High Caliber: (no assemblies)
PrisonExtensions: PrisonExtensions(1.0.0.0)
PrisonExtensions: PrisonExtensions(1.0.0.0)

Ah, yes! Thank you, no idea why but I installed the first version then the updated one on Ludeon and my computer didn't automatically overwrite it, thank you.

OmG_PotatoeZ

Also, possible addition to this mod, an explosive collar for if the prisoners try to break out, if they get too close to the borders of the map then they explode? That would be awesome and give me a more tyrannical feel.

lllMWNlll

Quote from: rshingleton on December 21, 2016, 12:04:37 AM

-------
UPDATE: 12/23/2016
By popular request, I started looking at the old prison mods out there and was able to get some stuff out of it.
I Uploaded a new version to dropbox which needs testing with the following features:

• Added prison menu on architect tab
  • Added prison cell doors which prisoners can pass through
  • Added prisoner joy needs **needs tested with hospitality mod
  • Added security camera which can designate a room as a prison
  • Remove shared bedroom debuff from prisoners for bunk room style prisons

...}

Now it's just perfect!

Please make them SLAVES! I really could use hauling and cleaning tasks!

nbielinski

I love this mod. You have no idea how amazing this is when combined with Remote Explosives and Call of Cthulhu. Remote explosives means they cant ever leave with sleep gas bombs and CoC means I have a good reason to keep them around. And your mod, damned if it doesn't make designing prisons more fun with common rooms, separated barracks, etc.

One request though, if you're able; could we see some sort of truncheon or stun baton to keep rioters down? I know making weapons can be a bit of a pain but I'd love to have some way to keep down uppity prisoners without.. you know... buckshot.

Tinkerer

Quote from: nbielinski on January 03, 2017, 12:41:53 AM
One request though, if you're able; could we see some sort of truncheon or stun baton to keep rioters down? I know making weapons can be a bit of a pain but I'd love to have some way to keep down uppity prisoners without.. you know... buckshot.

I'm not sure a weapon would fit this mod, as it would compete for balance with any overhaul. I suggest just using a blunt weapon, or download a non-lethal weapon mod.

Senio

hi thank you dev this mod
if you have time can update a new version for fix door and camera.

Door have wrong , room is share.
camera Not use power...

asquirrel

Just a head's up for people about this latest build.  I had a previous build of prison extensions and just copied the new files into the old files folder.  I then started getting errors about prisoner "needs."  I ended up deleting the folder and installed it like a brand new mod.  The error is gone now. :)

ambivalence

+1 for explosive collars and some labor for prisoners :3 as a debuff it also would be suitable to give some bad thoughts.

Andy_Dandy

Had some hopes, but why the heck remove the shared room debuff malus?

Wishmaster

Just downloaded prison extension and I want to let you know that you should put all the directories (/defs /about...) in main directory so we won't have to create one.

OldManSteve

On a related note, I remember reading on many news sites about solitary confinement (prolonged, I think) is now considered a torture method. So, if you want throw in extra realism, you could set up solitary prisoners to crack repeatedly after 3 days "in the hole".

We'll wait for Alpha 19 before you should code for "Prison Gangs", though I think in the base game, rival factions attack each other if members are in the same jail.

Igan

How does this mod works with Dubs Bad Hygiene? I'd love to put a door to separate the bathroom from the barracks.

Ruisuki

Do beds still designate prison rooms or only cameras now? Either way im glad to see somebody taking over from where improvements left off. I would suggest adding more items to be used in the courtyard. Maybe even ways made to improve skills for prisoners exclusively? Like increase melee by lifting weights or the like.  Or increase at a slower rate if its for prisoners and made available generally.

I dont really know what I want to see in this regard but something to mimic prison economy and make it more unique, smuggling smokeleaf joints, bribing guards for items? I'll be thinking along these lines for future suggestions its a bit hazy for me right now.

AngleWyrm

Could you please make removal of the debuff for shared sleeping quarters an optional feature? Maybe a mod setting, or an xml entry.

Also, I'm getting a pop-up that says the included library is too old and will cause compatibility problems.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh