Tiriki Camp: A RimWorld story with lots of pictures (inspired by MiniKeeper!)FIX

Started by ryann1908, December 21, 2016, 09:24:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ryann1908

This is a history of a colony in RimWorld. Similar to a guy that makes the same thing on the forum, with lots of images.
Well, I'm new here, but... let´s start with the basics. This is my world, the marker show where I'm going to land:

Btw it's in Brazilian Portuguese. (You can also see the mouse .-.)
Here's our characters:
David – Entrepreneur – 35 years old
Notable skills: Social 10 – Research 7 – Shooting – 7
Kimmy – Doctor – 24 years old
Notable skills: Social 8 – Shooting 7 – Medicine 14 | Incapable of transporting and mining | Sister of Speedy
Speedy (wow, a internet brand in Brazil) – Chef – 24 years old
Notable skills: Shooting 8 – Melee 8 – Cooking 9 | Incapable of dumb labor and cleaning | Kimmy brother
Let's start the game now! (Ops, I forgot to mention but the difficulty is at Randy Agitated)
Day 1: Well, the game didn't crash so... we made it! Reached the planet. We built a room and half of the other, our pet is named Gilma and it is a monkey. I think this is a good start.

Day 2: Today was a slow day, we didn't do much as yesterday but we're making progress. Nothing really happened, pretty boring.

Day 3: Another day is over, and... the same as all the past days, nothing happened, what is Randy planning for me? Who knows...

Day 4: Kimmy showed up and asked for the colony name, I named it "Tiriki Camp". After a bit of time I realized that Kimmy and David are the most efficient colonists yet, Speedy doesn't cut trees, so he doesn't have much to do. And I forgot to mention, David is an Night Owl. Finally, the eclipse has stopped. And just to be better, a solar flare starts, great!
This is the colony so far:

Day 5: The solar flare ended. Wow! Dogs just joined us randomly, that's great, now we kinda have more people. They're Yuliya and Lulu. Yuliya master is Kimmy, and Lulu master is the internet provider... I mean, Speedy. And again, nothing special happened.
This is our colony so far:

Day 6: Just after I write day 5, a colonist joined, she is a blacksmith.
Lyra Watson – Blacksmith - 20 years old
Notable skills: Melee 11 – Crafting (cutting stones, etc) 9 | Incapable of researching
Oh my god, now a boar auto-domesticated, what happened to Randy Random?
The researching room is starting to get finished, we did a prisoner's room and finished planting potatoes. This is the colony so far:

Day 7: Ooohhh, David and Kimmy are now lovers! Oh no a fire star... oh it's done, well done Speedy! You saved the day. What? A group of travelers from Municipalidade em Árvore appeared, but... two of them! I didn't know that could happen in Rimworld.
Oh, a person asked for entering the colony because it was being chase by the Tartarugas! I think I'm going to accept.
His name is Saitaky.
Saitaky – Low-wage worker – 28 years old
Notable skills – 10 medicine – Cooking 8 – Research 7
The raid came!
1 melee and 2 shooting guys. (our first raid!)
Oh, I just noticed, the travelers are still here! Maybe they can help. Sadly, one of them died, but almost killed one. Oh, the travelers run away, time to fight! Suddenly, cargo pods spawned.
One of the raiders died! And the other too! The other guy is running, but he was too much hurt by that traveler. We killed him. Good, they have clothes, two of our guys didn't, so that's good. We captured one of them, named Sab. We'll see if he is going to be part of us.

Day 8: A snake was auto-domesticated. It's name is Rogue! Oh god, the Panther is attacking Lulu! She is too far away, there is no way out... R.I.P Lulu... But I'll get revenge. More cargo pods arrived. I killed the Panther, it deserved to die.

Day 9: Nothing happened, unless you count alpha castors as something. Not even worth a screenshot.
Day 10: Wow, it looks like Saitaky likes Kimmy, the problem is... she is in love with David! Will she betray him? Who knows... Kimmy and Yuliya are bonded now.

Day 11: Cargo pod arrived, they have a lot of metal (I forgot the translation of Aço to English, sorry ;-;, and I can't open google translator now ;-;). Rogue ate a human corpse, and of course had intoxication. More cargo pods got here, they have Lynx leather. Woohoo! Some of our potatoes are done, time for getting food! Oh geez, a group of Boomrats is hunting humans, time to get them all locked up. While they're locked up, they can mine a bit to get resources.
This is the colony so far:

Day 12: MORE CARGO PODS, Jesus Christ, what am I playing, Dwarf Fortress Very Very Very Easy Easy mode? My god, Randy... Kimmy collapsed, luckily it was a light collapse, she is just hiding in her bedroom, I mean, Everyone's bedroom, and luckily too, it's the place that she is, so she won't get far. ANOTHER cargo pod, this is madness, this time alpaca wool, and... a dead monkey? Great, Kimmy is no longer in a bad mental state. The boomrats will die because of  desnutrition, this means freedom AND fire, that's bad. This is the colony so far:

Day 13: I made an strategy, I'll pick up Speedy and drag the boomrat (I don't know what happened to the other one) all the way to the top of the map, then I'll make everyone prepared to kill the animal, then I wil... Oh no, a raid! The second raid of the game, let me see how it is. Oh no! They're right above Speedy! Luckily they only have a pistol, baseball bat and a knife, time to get everyone prepared for the fight. Wow! Saitaky incredibly shot the boomrat to death, and saved Speedy! Good one. Great, the raid will start now. Welp, everyone died (from the raid of course), so we won't have any prisioners, plus they weren't good. Oh my god, Saitaky don't stop seducing Kimmy and Watson, and they always reject, poor Saitaky... Ops, I almost forgot the screenshot!

Day 14: Starting with fire! Luckily it's raining. YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY, Kimmy made Sab enter the colony! (3.3% of chance). Yay! Saitaky made a party, humor bonus, here we go!
I think this was all that happened today, good! This is the colony so far... again:

Day 15: Oh no, heat wave, that's not good, principally because we're in a tropical forest. 3 Explosions at once? Damn, rain is not good at all. Saitaky keeps making romances with Kimmy and Watson, he really wants a lover. Today was a construction day, look at how good it is now!

Day 16: More fire! Plus, this rain never stops! (I know that if I build roof in the batteries that won't happen, but the colonists doesn't does it for some reason). Ohhhh! Speedy and Watson are now lover! (Argh! I now have to build more beds! ;-;) And again, I almost forgot the screenshot!

Day 17: I think that I should write only the days that something really happens, next time I'll make it.

Day 18: I said that I would only write interesting things that happened, but it really happened, Saitaky and David got the sleeping sickness, and I never had this before on the game... welp, that was the only thing, I'm not even putting and photo.

Day 19: NOOOOOOOOO, A RAID KILLED YULIYA, I'LL KILL THEM ALL... Done, now...<beep>... ANOTHER RAID? Okay, 2 persons with personal shields, I'm glad that I have Watson. Killed them, but Kimmy is down, she needs rescue, I'll capture both of the persons that came with the raid.

Day 22: After a long time (not so long at all) we successfully conquered Zima's mind, and made her be part of our colony!

Zima – Tactician – 29 years old
Notable skills: Shooting 8 – Researching 7 (Also, her real name is Cozima Jones, almost Hideo Kojima!)

Day 24: A extreme raid arrived! I don't think we're going to survive. Plus Saitaky is in a bad mental state, he and David aren't good at health yet. The shooting started, at least their team was the first blood. One of them is down. While that happens, our other prisoner started a berserk rage. No! Zima is down, we need to rescue him, but, not now. Gilma is dead! Now David will probably go onto a berserk rage too! Zima is almost dead (30% by friendly fire). Rogue is dead too! Oh my god, David is down! Oh god, Zima died, that's bad. Good, now they're fleeing. Also, I forgot to mention, Alpha 16 is out! And now this is outdated... That's how it turned out:

Day 24(continuation): Oh My Jesus, ANOTHER RAID, there is NO WAY I'm going to pass through that, it's the end, mark my words. But at least we'll try. A monkey killed Adam (prisoner), really? Speedy is down. Damn, Sab is down too, I don't think Kimmy will be able to "hurt" them. Oh no, Kimmy died! But at least she killed one of them. Our only chance is Watson (or Saitaky if he wakes up from the mental state). Watson is down, she couldn't even hurt them. I think this is the end. Our only hope is the bad state Saitaky.

Day 25: I forgot to mention but I put the extreme difficulty a few days ago because it was being too easy. Oh no, they're kidnapping people! And I have nothing to stop them, bye bye Watson... Oh, that is, unusual. Humm, just take a look at this.

Well, translating, this is a Refugee being chase by raiders, those things like have a new colonist but have a raider attack, well, I have almost nothing to lose and I need someone, but I don't know how this "job" or "work" that person had works, well, let's see. She is a badass cooker with skill level 15 and social 12, but can't fight, GREAAATTTT. And there you go, another raid, WITH THE SAME GUYS FROM BEFORE. I love RimWorld. Oh god, I ordened Emmie to rescue Sab, but the raider at the same time was capturing him! It's a matter of time to Emmie to die, please, Emmie, rescue Sab! She's dead... Bye David, Sab, and Speedy...

Day 25(continuation): Cargo pods arrived, with sheep wool, very useful for this situation don't you think? Wtf, it said that Speedy died of blood loss, but he isn't even here! That's crazy. Finally, Saitaky woke up from his mental state, but now it's too late. Nothing worse than that can happen? Right, Randy? I think so.
Am I blind or do I see a mechanoid? (of course I do it appeared on the right). With 2 Shots the mechanoid killed Saitaky...

THE END

End game statistics:
Time Played: 0Days, 11Hours, 46Minutes and 17Seconds.
Randy Extreme
4 Raids
This is the colony end:

This took 18 pages on Microsoft Office Word with about 1900 words (mostly because of the pictures.) Thank you for seeing the story until here and see you soon in RimWorld Alpha 16! (And yes, that developer bar up there I was going to burn it all [because it all ended] because I like it! But this is a real story, I wasn't made with developing tools)

Inspired by MiniKeeper

ryann1908

Can someone answer me something? Does the post have images? Because i'm not seeing them.

A Friend

"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

MiniKeeper

In order to make your images work try this.
First, click Insert Image when posting a picture. It is right below the button to bold text, and should create two image box things.

Put your image link between the two img boxes.
This will give you a picture. Just posing the link does not work. If you use imgur to post your pictures, be sure to get the forum link to your post. If not, just follow the steps above.

ryann1908

Thanks for the feedback! Now i fixed the pictures! (Yeah, but the other one that contains Microsoft Word in the background i couldn't do anything [actually i could but i was too lazy at that time .-.])