[A16][WIP] Persistent Worlds [7.1.17 AEST][Features updated]

Started by scuba156, December 21, 2016, 10:01:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AngleWyrm

My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

scuba156

Quote from: S1lverw0lf on June 10, 2017, 04:12:00 PM
Need that for a17!!!  :D
I am working on a17 but I'm writing it from scratch so I can't say how long it will be.

tgbps4

"I need a series of mods that let me play a colony that experiments on people: basically space Vault-Tec"

Hammerskyne

Scuba, this concept is awesome. Literally something I never realized I needed in the game.

Might I suggest, if you're still having difficulty referencing the map objects without player faction data, adding an option/button/whatever to 'retire' a colony and pass it into a container file for later reuse? And if that's feasible, would sharing of bases and spawning in arbitrary worlds be possible?

I feel like Rimworld moves closer to DF every day, and that pleases me greatly.

scuba156

Quote from: Hammerskyne on June 30, 2017, 06:46:43 PM
Scuba, this concept is awesome. Literally something I never realized I needed in the game.

Might I suggest, if you're still having difficulty referencing the map objects without player faction data, adding an option/button/whatever to 'retire' a colony and pass it into a container file for later reuse? And if that's feasible, would sharing of bases and spawning in arbitrary worlds be possible?

I feel like Rimworld moves closer to DF every day, and that pleases me greatly.
I haven't got up to rewriting the reference to map objects yet, I've done everything before that though in my new code. It even has an option button before you begin where you can choose to start with your old faction or start a new faction then and either set your old faction off on their own or remove them from the game :D

I just haven't touched the code for a little while as I had my hard drive die on my laptop which I dev on(I need to buy a new one when I can afford to). After that I've been having a break playing Darkest Dungeon, and trying to finish another project which I need to make a post about. The other project should allow me to work on every other project more efficiently with updating.

Soupy Delicious

Definitely, definitely love this idea.  Im wishing for a persistent rimworld.  A desire to move on from my current base without abandoning it or leaving it just sitting there, constantly delivering notifications to my fore.

tigg

Quote from: Techgenius on January 23, 2017, 09:22:56 PM
Your work is commendable, I hated how the development decided to cut out world generation like it used to be, I loved reusing my worlds, now.. having to generate a new world each time is so annoying...
Couldn't agree more!

LiteEmUp

so what's the status of this mod??

would love to eventually play this mod... and any chance of an a17 update??

raydarken

I would love to see this updated and continued for 1.0!

scuba156

Quote from: raydarken on November 05, 2018, 01:21:41 PM
I would love to see this updated and continued for 1.0!
While I have made no plans for it, I have been thinking about it.

lehniers

NobodyImportant

Well since the other persistent world mod seems abandoned... maybe this one isn't? Come oooon someone?

The idea is so great it should be vanilla game behavior