Fire Extinguishers

Started by Lance, December 26, 2016, 01:00:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lance

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one, but fires early on in the game are a tad bit hard to take out with just 1-3 people, depending on the size of fire. I've had a fire start right after I finally set up and I didn't have a save file (tough luck) before that, so my whole place burned down. I'd like to suggest fire extinguishers, I'm not sure what they'd be made up of, but you can store it in your buildings and whenever a fire occurs, they will go straight to the fire extinguisher and then back to the fire (unless there would be a toggle mode, that makes them go straight to the fire instead of getting the fire extinguisher) to extinguish it.
Within our darkest moments, we control our mental climates
Never fold under pressure, thats what makes diamonds
And even if you failed a million times, continue trying

schizmo

Would fire extinguishers already be readily available? Because if so, they would render the already existing Fire Poppers obselete. If not, then would they be locked behind research? That would make them not so helpful to stop early fires. Not to mention Fire Poppers are disposable, so would the fire extinguishers also be disposable? What workbench would they be crafted in? Whatever bench they're crafted in may also be locked behind research which would once again not make them accessible to fight early fires.

Basically you have a bit of a paradox