World display

Started by Simon_The_Space_Engineer, December 21, 2016, 05:18:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon_The_Space_Engineer

Anyone know how to change how much of the world shows up in the world tab after you start a colony?
In the end, we all make the same leather hats.

Rock5

If you didn't start with 100% of the world created, I think I read somewhere that it gets generated as you explore it.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Spdskatr

Quote from: Rock5 on December 21, 2016, 06:01:05 PM
If you didn't start with 100% of the world created, I think I read somewhere that it gets generated as you explore it.
No, actually, you generate a % of the world, and it just stays that way. The default is set on 30%. 100% is EXTREMELY hard to play and may lead to multiple crashes. It sucks, but that's the way it is.

OP, You can also change the planet's overall average temperature and rainfall.
My mods

If 666 is evil, does that make 25.8069758011 the root of all evil?

MikeLemmer

Quote from: Spdskatr on December 21, 2016, 10:13:13 PMNo, actually, you generate a % of the world, and it just stays that way. The default is set on 30%. 100% is EXTREMELY hard to play and may lead to multiple crashes. It sucks, but that's the way it is.

OP, You can also change the planet's overall average temperature and rainfall.

100% crashes on you? Weird, I'm running 100% worlds on a 5-yr old crummy computer and aside from a minute of loading whenever I access the world for the first time, it runs fine.

It would also be nice if you had a Random option where you only saw 10% of the world around your randomized crashsite and you had to explore to see more.