Category selection for the equipment racks.

Started by Evul, April 07, 2014, 05:56:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evul

Category selection for the equipment racks.
As for now if you want a room with only one weapon you need to change all the Equipment racks.

It can take a while if you use for example PA :P

_alphaBeta_

I was going to start a new thread, but this is very related.

Very small request: Add a few headings for the classes of weapons for the equipment racks, along with an overall "weapons" top-level heading (just like the stockpile zone). With this small feature, the player can quickly select/deselect groups of similar weapons or all weapons with one click.

The first equipment rack I usually build I only want guns (EDIT: meant to say pistols here) placed on it, with the intent of any excess going to another stockpile (of lesser priority) for eventual selling. When setting this rack up, however, I have to manually deselect all the other types of weapons. Lots of clicking when it would be better to simply deselect "weapons" at the top-level heading and have all weapons be deselected. From there I'd just select what I want. Plus, we have this feature already with all other items on the other stockpiles for weapons.

I also agree with Evul's suggestion that it would be nice to change equipment racks together as groups. This would be essential if equipment racks become the only way to hold weapons. Not sure if that's the intent, but it would certainly make equipment racks have a definitive use.

BetaSpectre

IMO equipment racks should be used to prevent a weapon from losing durability from the weather/rust

That also includes colonists keeping them on em.

Construction should be able to allow colonists to repair guns IMO, with condition determining if a gun jams and how accurate it is.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Samsonzi

AutoCAD has a function called Match Properties that lets you quickly transfer the  properties of one object to another.

I think the equipment rack storage UI will have to be set up similarly to the stockpile storage in the future which will be good because it allows you to de-select a category eg. weapons, then re-tick the one you want store.

Somz

I've just manually unthicked all but one for 12 equipment racks. Um, yeah, I also use a weapons mod which adds about 10-15 more weapons. A lot of clicking, would be nice indeed.
To beer or not to beer.
That is a laughable question.

TrashMan

I am for gun racks being able to hold multiple (5-6) guns of the same type.
Guns ATM take up a lot of space.

StorymasterQ

Great, after Tynan gave us stackable food, now we want stackable weapons? When will we be satisfied? :D But I agree, though, weapons doesn't pack nicely. Although, to be fair, you could (maybe should?) sell excess weapons to traders.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here