[A16/17] Tam's tinymods (Kitchen Counter, Smokepit, Travel rations ...)

Started by Tammabanana, December 21, 2016, 05:58:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tammabanana

Permissions: I consider any XML I've written to be public domain, insofar as anything based on Tynan's Core codestuff can be public domain - but in some mods I've remixed from other folks' work. Soooo, check who wrote the bit you're interested in, and if it's somebody else, follow the permissions granted by their original mod.

Kitchen Counter, and other shelving
GitHub: https://github.com/Tammabanana/Kitchen-Counter/releases (A17 released here)
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=820841728

Like the equipment rack, except for food, so you can keep a stash of ingredients by the stove instead of running back and forth to a storage room. Also 1x1 food cache, medicine/drug cabinet, and general shelving (art by CuproPanda, from "CorePanda"). Also a new graphic for the kitchen counter, by Thundercraft! Yayyyy it doesn't look exactly like the equipment rack anymore!)

Smoked Meat
GitHub: https://github.com/Tammabanana/Smoked-Meat/releases (A17 released here)
A17 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=930862857
A16 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=820841182

Smoked meat, a smokepit, and a smokehouse. This smoked meat lasts 30 gamedays and can be used in any recipe that calls for raw meat.

Travel rations: MREs
GitHub: https://github.com/Tammabanana/Travel-Rations--MREs/releases (A17 released here)
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=838360846 (Still A16; will become A17 when the base game does.)

Adds lightweight, packaged meals with long shelf life.

Ready-to-eat meals, both simple and fine, specially cooked and packaged to travel well and last a long time. Intended for caravans, but probably useful for panic rooms and winter, too.

Features:

• Takes 2x as long to cook/prepare as their analogous meal;
  • Can cook 1x or 5x MREs simultaneously;
  • MREs are slightly less nutritious than their analogous meal;
  • MREs weigh half as much as their analogous meal;
  • MREs also take up less space than their analogous meals, so they stack to 25;
  • MREs are not fabulous, so colonists are slightly unhappy to eat them. (Mood -1 for fine, -2 for simple: better than eating raw or disgusting food, but it's not like home cooking.)
  • MREs last 80 days (like pemmican) before they start rotting. Rot doesn't destroy them, so your caravan has the option to eat rotting MREs to survive at the tail end of their journey. Mmmmmmm!

XML by Tammabanana
Art recolors by A Friend
Mechanics consultation with Skullywag, Spoonshortage, and YOINKED from ProfugoBarbarus and 3DGrunge's prior conversation in same channel.

Pygmy Muffalo
GitHub: https://github.com/Tammabanana/Pygmy-Muffalos/releases (A17 released here)
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=896949376 (Still A16; will become A17 when the base game does.)

Pygmy muffalos: a smaller species of muffalo, bred for their hardiness in less-vegetative environments. Pygmy muffalos eat less than their larger cousins, and provide milk and wool in smaller quantities but more frequently.

XML by Tammabanana (feel free to raid this part for your own mods)
Art by Spoonshortage (ask permission for using this in other mods)

OK to include in mod packs.

Works in progress
(I'm spazzy about what I choose to work on at any given time, and slow in general.  :'( )
(Feedback welcome on anything far enough along that I've posted a link.)

Community fantasy animals, with GreyFluffs and anyone else who wants to participate:
https://github.com/Tammabanana/Community-Fantasy-Animals

In which artists draw fantasy animals, and XML'ers can make them work. (GreyFluffs has done all the real work so far, I'm a slowmospaz.)

Initial Conditions #1: Subsistence
https://github.com/Tammabanana/Initial-Conditions-Subsistence

Adds more no-tech survival options: smoked meat, winter clothes at the crafting spot, smashing rocks together to get some stone blocks, mixing different leathers, etc. I object strongly to colonists' sheer survival being dependent on building a research station and sitting down with their paperwork, or having to build a big solid butchering table before you can reasonably go hunting when all you really need is a knife (which isn't even required at the butchering table, dammit), or caring so badly about fashion that you simply MUST make your parka out of nothing but squirrelskin, etc.

Kinda sorta almost usable, but still testing/balancing/descriptioning. Remixes some stuff from other people's mods - Spoonshortage's tribal clothing from FashionRIMsta, Panggul_mas's Smokehouse, some of Telkir's floors, Sam_'s Tilled Soil, TrueDestroyer's Double Sleeping Spot.

Initial Conditions #2: Tribal Flavor
(In progress but nowhere near presentable)

More tribal furniture, joy objects, stuff like that, because why are tribals building colonist-style beds and dining chairs and billiards tables? Whyyyyy??

This is largely going to be a remix of mods:

• that incorporate tribaly stuff, though maybe not as the main focus of the original mod, and
  • whose licenses allow remixing, or whose authors grant permission.
I was originally thinking of IC1+2 as a single mod, but I suppooooooose it's possible that people may want the IC1 functions without the clutter of extra tribal stuff, so I'm splitting them up. IC2 may or may not require/assume use of IC1, we'll see.

Witchlight Megashrooms
(In progress, at a kind of proof-of-concept stage, but nowhere near presentable.)

zomg walking vicious mushroom monsters that drop glowing spores you can bring inside your house as light sources but if you don't keep an eye on them they will hatch and EAT YOU plus they mutate into a slightly more friendly/useful mushroom monster with each generation

Maybe including some kind of glow-juice "milk" that could be applied to arts and stuff to make them glowy light sources. Or something. I dunno.
Tam's tiny mods: forum thread: Kitchen Counters and other shelving *** Smoked meat *** Travel rations: MREs *** Pygmy Muffalo

Delmain

You mention the mods are available on Steam, but then don't link to them, =P

You can't expect a guy to manually search for things, come on!

Tammabanana

Quote from: Delmain on December 21, 2016, 06:31:08 PM
You mention the mods are available on Steam, but then don't link to them, =P

You can't expect a guy to manually search for things, come on!

It'll build character!
Tam's tiny mods: forum thread: Kitchen Counters and other shelving *** Smoked meat *** Travel rations: MREs *** Pygmy Muffalo

Boston

Just so you are aware, I am pretty sure your mods pretty much break storage, in the sense that I can no longer specify what storage location (racks, shelves, even stockpile zones) holds what.

I have the "storage" tab when I select the item/zone, but I can't select what goes into it. The only options I get are "clear all", "allow all", hitpoints and priority.

Again, this is for everything. Zones, shelves, etc.

I mean, pawns still bring things to these places to store them, you just can't specifiy what goes where.

Tammabanana

Quote from: Boston on December 22, 2016, 06:00:30 PM
Just so you are aware, I am pretty sure your mods pretty much break storage, in the sense that I can no longer specify what storage location (racks, shelves, even stockpile zones) holds what.

I have the "storage" tab when I select the item/zone, but I can't select what goes into it. The only options I get are "clear all", "allow all", hitpoints and priority.

Again, this is for everything. Zones, shelves, etc.

I mean, pawns still bring things to these places to store them, you just can't specifiy what goes where.

Hunh. I'm not experiencing that, and am not sure how an XML-only furniture-addition mod could possibly affect the filters on the storage zones. Could you pass on your output_log file and let me know what other mods you're using, please?

Tammabanana

New mod! Links and details added to OP.

"Travel rations: MREs": Lightweight, long-shelf-life meals, good for travel or long-term storage.

Degraine

Oooh, MREs, I'll be having that. Goodness, with those and Nandonalt's camping mods, it'll be like sending out a real expedition!

Nice to see Rimfridges and modular tables making a guest star appearance in your screenshots too. :P

Tammabanana

Quote from: Degraine on January 08, 2017, 07:47:06 PM
Nice to see Rimfridges and modular tables making a guest star appearance in your screenshots too. :P

Ha! Those aren't the only ones - the easel in the bottom right is from Additional Joy Objects, and one of the mood thoughts is from Rumours & Deception and you can still just barely see a SkyLight by the mood panel. I can't vanilla to save my life.

Degraine

I'm at about two dozen myself, yeah. That's not counting the minor adjustments like Megatherium and Raindrops No Longer Fall On My Head, or a couple of materials from Industrialisation, that I've consolidated into my own 'Personal Touches' mod.

Pupun2542

Meal ready to eject not meal ready to eat guy :v
PS. It's a joke

Zebukin

Thanks for mods. Jerky is the good thing to make at camps (SetUp Camp mod) without growing something.
And MRE are pretty balanced too.

Serpyderpy

Wow, thank you for these. I can see a lot of them coming in handy (the smokepit and kitchen counter) but I especially adore the fantasy animals, they're super cute and they're going into my game pronto.

Tammabanana

Added: Pygmy Muffalos.

To do:

• Kitchen Counter needs a new Preview picture; the old one was taken before inclusion of Thundercraft's art and CuproPanda's 1x1 storage shelves.
  • Smokepit and Jerky is becoming Smoked Meat, changing the smoked meat to MeatRaw and thus eliminating the extra recipes, plus adding a smokehouse that also uses recipes for 75 and 150 meats. These were things I had originally incorporated into Initial Conditions: Subsistence, but I think IC is trying to cover too much ground and thus opening possibilities for mod conflicts. Will need a new Preview for that, too.
  • Travel Rations: no current changes. There've been some suggestions on Steam for debuffless "lavish" recipes, possibly as an add-on to Vegetable Garden and using the goodies that VG makes, buuuuuut... I dunno. A debuffless version would be basically a Survival Meal, for which recipe mods already exist.
  • Community Fantasy Animals: find the link to Greyfluffs' original thread, plus... something. There are a couple of people who are working on their own versions of these animals, but they're doing it in their own spaces. I gotta figure out a way to link out to them or something, since the interested modders don't seem interested in GitHub beyond its function as Grey's source material.
  • Initial Conditions: Subsistence: breaking this down even further into more focused components. I dunno.
  • Initial Conditions: Tribal Flavor:. Ha ha, ha ha. Adding extra tribal stuff is easy - but getting the easy-to-make colonist-style beds etc. out of the initial tribal options requires locking behind research or overwriting or something and that's going to create mod conflicts. Plus it's really cluttered. Tabled.
  • Witchlight Megashrooms: grand dreams for a toxic-fallout ecosystem to accompany the megamonster, but... still tabled.

Between now and A17, my general plan is to try to break the existing Grand Ideas down into more focused mods, where everything in each individual mod really does belong together. But - as previously mentioned - I am time-limited and highly distractible, so the timetable on which this will happen is extremely unpredictable.

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Rimrue

Hi, I tried installing your subsistence mod, but it's telling me it's not the latest version. Can you upload the latest version as I would like to try it out!

Also for adding more tribal flavoured stuff, I currently play using the camping gear mod and just ignore the beds for at least the first year or until non-tribals start joining. If I had access to tribal-style beds that were equal to the colonist beds for rest effectiveness and healing, but looked more tribal, I would happily use them instead. Or even if they weren't as good but were just better than the sleeping bags. Same with the armchairs and joy objects, etc. I hate feeling like I have to rush my tribal folks into being colonists instead of maintaining their tribal ways!

Thanks!