[1.0][ModIdea] Branch Colonies

Started by SpecEd, August 01, 2018, 06:55:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpecEd

The main idea of the mod is to hire colonies with good relations to yours to raise cattle or farm crops for you for a monthly fee (maybe weekly fee if that is too op). Accepting deliveries from from the colonies can be done through the intercom and deliveries will arrive through drop pods at trading spots.
I would also hope to add an option to enslave a colony when they are conquered (Excluding pirate colonies) which will allow for a herding or farming colony to be made but must be maintained through sending characters to suppress the colonist through either wealth or violence. Further expansion ideas would be great and is encouraged but i am afraid i may be getting too greedy with my current expectations for this mod already.

Later on events may be added such as "colony revolts" or "pirate raid"
I would hope to not allow these colonies to be explorable maps as that would make them no different than making multiple normal colonies.

Overall i want to create a feeling that you are farming or herding without wasting extra processing power on animal pawns that just lay around idling and eating hay.

If you are interested please contact me or simply swipe the mod idea and tell me later because i am very inexperienced with rimworld modding, but i am willing to help however i can with this idea.