[A17/A18] [WIP] Warhammer 40k Corruption

Started by Cpt.Ohu, December 22, 2016, 05:17:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cpt.Ohu

Quote from: sirskips on September 15, 2017, 02:21:19 PM
This mod is very memory heavy. Try to cut down on that in some way I know music files take up allot of room. Does this have any if so thinking about removing those is a good place to start for free up some memory. I had a question about how you do Orc and Elf factions. I dont see there bases on the map do you use a modified version of faction discovery in this and if so will it conflict with faction discovery it messes with hidden bases.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=25159.0

All 40k factions are Spacers. There are no bases.

And what do you mean by memoy-heavy? HDD memory or RAM? If it's the latter, there is still an unidentified memory leak somewhere in the code. Otherwise: I'm including Source files, which take up almost 40mb. This ist still WIP after all.

Quote from: kangsi on September 15, 2017, 11:47:29 AM
I made a testing with altar outside of room. They are working without issues, the preacher goes to place corrretly and the worshippers to. I suggest players try it.

Such colony-spanning events are still a bit tricky to set up, so they may break in unforeseen circumstances. I hope they are somewhat playable for the moment.

Spleenling

The Pawn render patch seems to only be for A16, is this a problem if I use it anyway as the game seem to randomly crash when I do and I think it might be the game trying to use the Render patch when a faction that needs it visits and failing. I have not had the patience to do much in the way of testing so this might be the aforementioned memory problems, although if it is it is then it must be quite the Leak as I have 32GB RAM
Part time XML reverse engineering officer. Can maybe fix XML some of the time...

Cpt.Ohu

The render patch should work normally with A17, as I never experienced issues. Please if you experience this error, just quickly check the task manager for RAM consumption.

Spleenling

When I get back to Rimworld been having a break to play other games I will give this another shot with task manager open on one of my monitors (I have Three  :))
Part time XML reverse engineering officer. Can maybe fix XML some of the time...

Tal Raziid

I believe this may (or may not) have caused an issue I've never encountered before: i got a popup window in Rimworld that appeared to be some form of error report, and basically said "We can't save the game."
Has anyone else had their ability to save a game broken like this?

phas

I've got a problem. Whenever i go to another settlement via dropship, even if i choose "land at the edge" the dropship will park exactly on top of enemy settlement... with predictable results.

Is this a bug?

SpaceDorf

Quote from: phas on October 14, 2017, 09:45:59 AM
Is this a bug?

Nope a feature  ;D

Sorry, no it is an unresolved issue .. though I saw dropships landing at the border of a enemy map as well.
Are you sure you have Version 1.55 ?

If not, you have to cheat and send a scout, land next to the enemy and send a caravan .. or a droppod.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

phas

Quote from: SpaceDorf on October 14, 2017, 10:03:30 AM
Quote from: phas on October 14, 2017, 09:45:59 AM
Is this a bug?

Nope a feature  ;D

Sorry, no it is an unresolved issue .. though I saw dropships landing at the border of a enemy map as well.
Are you sure you have Version 1.55 ?

If not, you have to cheat and send a scout, land next to the enemy and send a caravan .. or a droppod.

Well I'm actually unsure about the version. I downloaded it from github, not the release but the latest A17 branch version of the code.
How can I check the version number

SpaceDorf

should be in the about xml, but if you loaded the latest gihub, it should be 1.55

phas

Quote from: SpaceDorf on October 14, 2017, 11:10:20 AM
should be in the about xml, but if you loaded the latest gihub, it should be 1.55

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<ModMetaData>
  <name>Corruption</name>
  <author>Ohu</author>
  <targetVersion>0.17.1546</targetVersion>
  <description>Public A17. A Warhammer 40k conversion mod. Unstable version. For now this is a proof of concept mod with a lot of placeholders and half-implemented features.
</description>
</ModMetaData>

UHM

phas

Anyway I worked around the problem with caravans as you said. I'm trying to understand some more things:

1. What are the benefits of joining the Imperium
2. How to get astartes?
3. How to get admech people?

phas

I found that the Omnissian Axe counts as a ranged weapon and indeed it fires. This is a bit of a problem because well... you want to use it with a shield and as a melee weapon. Also it's not fluffy, i'm not aware that Omnissian Axes shoot, and I play AdMech so... :D

The issue is in this file here https://github.com/Cpt-Ohu/Warhammer40k-Corruption/blob/bf46db426fe39caddec124c0acb6e4248807a480/Defs/ThingDefs/Mechanicus_Weapons.xml but i'm not sure if it's a bug or is intended.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: phas on October 14, 2017, 03:36:54 PM
Quote from: SpaceDorf on October 14, 2017, 11:10:20 AM

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<ModMetaData>
  <name>Corruption</name>
  <author>Ohu</author>
  <targetVersion>0.17.1546</targetVersion>
  <description>Public A17. A Warhammer 40k conversion mod. Unstable version. For now this is a proof of concept mod with a lot of placeholders and half-implemented features.
</description>
</ModMetaData>

UHM

Sorry, mixed up corruption and the dropship mod .. what you could try is placing the .dll of the dropship mod in the Corruption folder .. maybe it's not up to date there. ( backup the old one .. no guarantees .. just a guess )

ANormalhuman

No 40k factions are spawning on the map. IS this intentional and they are like mechanoids (They exist but are not on the map) or is it a glitch?

phas

I might have found another bug. Psy powers are "forgotten". Like you have a psyker and you pick up a force staff: now you have a psychic power when you are in combat mode. After a while (or some save/load game maybe?) that power disappears until you drop and re-equip the saff (somethimes). The same seems to appear with books.