[A17/A18] [WIP] Warhammer 40k Corruption

Started by Cpt.Ohu, December 22, 2016, 05:17:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Esterior

Wow great mod! I'll definitely try it out!

Quote from: Ivan_Poddubniy on April 08, 2017, 10:36:22 AM
Your mod is just awesome! I put it on my build with the Hardcore sk, it requires a lot of tinkering, but it looks great! Сan't wait for further development.

Ivan, if you don't mind, can you share your build for Hardcore SK? I love playing with Hardcore SK and I've been modifying some mods to go with it, but this one seems a little too complicated for me...

Cpt.Ohu

Progressions Post :

Worklist:

• New Ork textures:
  • Redone Sermon system (you won't notice a lot)
  • Bugfixing for ships
  • Added more books to read

Still to do

• Creating a custom scenario with a starting ship. This will also include a description of gameplay changes

New build will be out soon.

SpaceDorf

After Staring at this beautiful Mushroom for several minutes,

why don't you use the Crashlanding Mod to Simulate the arrival of a Ork Space Hulk ?

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Cpt.Ohu

Quote from: SpaceDorf on April 19, 2017, 09:50:27 AM
After Staring at this beautiful Mushroom for several minutes,

why don't you use the Crashlanding Mod to Simulate the arrival of a Ork Space Hulk ?

Well, the short answer would be: Because I can write my own code with more flexibility ^^

Speaking of which....

Update

• New Scenario: Frontier World

You start with a spaceship and 5 colonists. This is a rather easy start that explains some of the new gameplay features.
  • New Ork textures (see above)
  • Additional books
  • Recoded Sermon System
  • Minor Bugfixes for Ships

SpaceDorf

How much will this fuck up my save if I add this in a running game with 187 other mods ?  ;D

Cpt.Ohu

Since I haven't looked at compabilities yet, it'll probably be a huge mess  ;)

Progressions Post :

The Angels of Death are coming...

koaniil

Wow, wow, wow. it's looking nice.
But this small boltgun))))

FantasySys

i may be wrong but arnt the imperial guard the Hammer of The Emperor? anyways amazing work on his angels of death.

Cpt.Ohu

Quote from: The Scout on April 22, 2017, 07:35:43 AM
i may be wrong but arnt the imperial guard the Hammer of The Emperor? anyways amazing work on his angels of death.

Yeah, I got them mixed up. The Hammer is already in...

Rocket_Raccoon

Looking very great so far, testing it out atm :)

Quick question, could you maybe release the aircraft as a separated file? That would be awesome!

SpaceDorf

Tried it for the first time Yesteraday.

I did not get very far, but I allready have to thank you for adding faction related
Submenus to the Item Lists. :)

And I have to agree with the poster above me.
Stand-Alone Packages would be great. ( But more work for you .. I know )

Cpt.Ohu

I can release the ships as standalone because they're pretty much independent from the rest.

Other modules are difficult to cut since they were never intended to be played separately. What packages would you even put together?

SpaceDorf

Your work is best compared with Rimsenal and Chtulhu I think.

Like you said .. standalone Mechanics and Items are a good start for Packages.

NPC Races are another good cutting point.

So could be the other factions

Which Leaves the core mechanics as a single package. ( psykers and corruption )

What I don't know after writing this list is how fixed or important the core mechanics are for the use of the different races, If you could use them completely as single item or if the core is still required.

Rocket_Raccoon

I can only speak for myself, but ships are a far better way than droppods imo and can fit in basicaly in any scenario apart from tribals. Plus they should be easy to separate and use :)
So if you could upload the ships separatly that would be great :) ( the sooner the better, so i can start a colony with it)

On a side note, i managed to play with a crapton of mods and your 40k mod :D
For a while atleast :p

Cpt.Ohu

Quote from: SpaceDorf on April 23, 2017, 06:50:15 AM
....If you could use them completely as single item or if the core is still required.

Simply put: Yes, the Corruption core is required. The factions and their pawns have some specifics that only work with the core assembly present and turning them into vanilla factions is out of the question.

Items are tied to the factions. So without any Imperial factions, no Imperial items. I'm not making another weapon mod, there are more than enough out there already.

Regarding Faction packs: This would still require a lot of work because these factions are controlled by a central story tracker (set up to modify faction relations later and take colony interactions into account), so I'd have to implement tests to see which factions are even installed and then how to treat all possible combinations. My factions are hidden and have low raid commonalities (could even set it to 0). Almost all items are set to not appear on vanilla traders or pawns of non-faction members. Since I intend to control my advanced factions by custom incidents, map conditions etc. I may even get to the point where you'll never interact with any things or pawns from the mod unless I want you to (or you create custom scenarios, in which case, that's on you ;) ).

I don't see real value in putting in the effort to retroactively modularize anything other than the ships, and in this case only because this was developed with the intent of being independent. The other mechanics were designed to interlock one way or another.

Quote from: Rocket_Raccoon on April 23, 2017, 10:35:29 AM
I can only speak for myself, but ships are a far better way than droppods imo and can fit in basicaly in any scenario apart from tribals. Plus they should be easy to separate and use :)
So if you could upload the ships separatly that would be great :) ( the sooner the better, so i can start a colony with it)

On a side note, i managed to play with a crapton of mods and your 40k mod :D
For a while atleast :p

Good to know! May I ask what end this playthrough found?

And: Ships are out!