[A17/A18] [WIP] Warhammer 40k Corruption

Started by Cpt.Ohu, December 22, 2016, 05:17:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SNKcell

The point of my question was more like if I will need to sacrifice most of the mods I use to use yours

I really like all the ideas of your mod, the factions and marks and cults sound great and wouldnt want just a piece of it neither

Thanks and great work

Cpt.Ohu

In theory I'm not touching on vanilla stuff a lot. Someone managed to get this mod and the Cthulu mod together. There are certainly imcompabilities and stuff I didn't specifically check for, but other than that many mods should run  normal.

Thank you for your support, and I hope I didn't come off too harsh.

Orpheus

I haven't been able to use this for a while as I'm playing A17 now, but before I updated I recall having this, Glittertech, EPOE, the Cthulhu mods, Zombie Apocalypse and close to a hundred other mods working perfectly fine together (I got a LOT of error messages at start-up and loading, but as far as I could tell nothing was actually broken).

Cpt.Ohu

Good to hear!

If you are interested, join the Discord, there's an A17 build.

Orpheus

Oooooooooooooooooo...
*Cackles like a baby watching the Tellytubbies for the first time*
I'll definitely check that out

Dr. Kaiser

I need some SERIOUS help. I will send a log file...
Basically, what is happenign is that when i activate this mod, about 100% of the time when I generate the World Map for A17, it crashes and goes back to the first page of World Generation. I need some serious help because i've tried all day to edit with the files etc and im very stressed. I have made an account just to ask you this question Ohu. Can you help me?

Error Log via Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/dCVzfqsq

I saw in a previous comment that you have a Discord server with a A17 build. I cannot find such Discord and if there is a A17 Build, will you send me the link, for only A16 I can find on the main page. Unless it's not released of course...
-Dr. Kaiser

SpaceDorf

Do you have JecsTools activated ?
For me this is the only mod that creates the described behavior.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Cpt.Ohu

Quote from: Dr. Kaiser on June 30, 2017, 05:40:15 PM
  I need some SERIOUS help. I will send a log file...
Basically, what is happenign is that when i activate this mod, about 100% of the time when I generate the World Map for A17, it crashes and goes back to the first page of World Generation. I need some serious help because i've tried all day to edit with the files etc and im very stressed. I have made an account just to ask you this question Ohu. Can you help me?

Error Log via Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/dCVzfqsq

I saw in a previous comment that you have a Discord server with a A17 build. I cannot find such Discord and if there is a A17 Build, will you send me the link, for only A16 I can find on the main page. Unless it's not released of course...

Is it on A16? This was a bug that appeared near the end of A16.

The Discord is on the first page, and on the first page of the Dropship Mod.

Dr. Kaiser

Oh i've fixed it already. A total stranger on Steam told me about how to fix it. But now after this, I have a question. Are the Ork's a playable race? Because with EdB + This + Alien's Framework it cannot find the Orks when i press "Add new Colonist" on the EdB start tab, i get every race (Eldar, dark eldar, Imperium, etc) but Ork, and I really wanted to play as them with this mod and scourge the lands with my Orky Warband.
-Dr. Kaiser

Cpt.Ohu

Orks weren't intended as being playable, hence they do not have pawn type that's selectable as starting colonist.

Maybe I'll put in a Gretchin-start, with Orks having to be grown. Some day.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Cpt.Ohu on July 03, 2017, 01:06:09 AM
Maybe I'll put in a Gretchin-start, with Orks having to be grown. Some day.

This will be the day when social fights become joy activities.

But Honestly, my head hurts just by thinking about how to implement Da Ork Kulture
into Pawn behavior.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Cpt.Ohu

That's why I said some day. This would require a lot of work that I currently don't want to put in.

I could simply make an Ork colonist that behaves like normal humans, but that wouldn't be quite accurate.

Orpheus

So I finally got around to looking up the A17 branch on Discord.  Having trouble downloading, due to my crappy wifi, but I'll get there in the end.  Do I need an A17 version of the rendering patch too, or will the A16 version still work?

Never mind, I found it!

2nd edit: this may have already been noted, but just in case, this does NOT work with Psychology (even the newly-updated, Harmony/xpatch version).  It fails at world generation (sorry, I forgot to log the specific error)

Orpheus

Sorry for the repeated posting, but I just noticed something.  In the A16 version of this mod, when using Prepare Carefully, there was an option in the pawn appearance settings to choose a race (I recall posting at the time about my confusion regarding multiple human and Tau races).
That option isn't there any more, for me at least.  Is that due to a change in your mod, a difference in the current Prepare Carefully version, or is it a load-order or compatibility issue?

judagator