[A17/A18] [WIP] Warhammer 40k Corruption

Started by Cpt.Ohu, December 22, 2016, 05:17:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Cpt.Ohu on June 28, 2017, 01:30:51 AM
Good to hear!

If you are interested, join the Discord, there's an A17 build.

It allready is ..
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

TrashMan

A WIP of something that might be useful:

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Slaugveng Moriar

Welcome.
How does interracial interaction look like? Can they enter into unions? Are new races compatible with EPOE?

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Slaugveng Moriar on July 28, 2017, 12:33:14 PM
Welcome.
How does interracial interaction look like? Can they enter into unions? Are new races compatible with EPOE?

It's Warhammer 40k .. what do you think racial interaction looks like ?
I have to admit I have never played it, because I would have to remove so many of my mods at the moment, but
given the base definitions of the races, humanoid races should be more or less compatible with epoe, if the mod does not replace the operations and epoe identifies the humanoids as human.
( I know for a fact, space marines were epoe compatible at some point ::) )

And I don't know if the other races are playable at all .. another thing I know for a fact is, that Orkz are not ..

Orpheus

Other races aren't "officially" supported as playable factions (the only option is Imperial Colony), but you can use Prepare Carefully to create colonists from the Space Marines, Sisters of Battle, Mechanicus, Eldar, Chaos Cultists, Grots and (I think) Tau.  And you can use the scenario editor to give yourself appropriate starting tech for any of those races.  As SpaceDorf says, Orks aren't really available to the player as Prepare Carefully doesn't allow them as an option.  But you could have an all-Grot starting lineup, then use dev mode to spawn and recruit Orks.
Orkish psychology isn't really implemented at the moment though, so they'll just behave like regular human colonists.
Not sure about EPOE, I tried giving EPOE implants to Space Marines and Mechanicus characters and I didn't have any non-vanilla options, but I might have just forgotten to give myself the appropriate tech.
Interfaction relations at present only really make sense if you play as an Imperial faction, as far as I can tell.  You could make a xenos colony and build the special Imperial comms console, but as far as I remember the Imperial factions won't recognise you as aliens.  There is apparently some functionality where nonplayer factions interact (or at least fight among themselves) without player involvement, but I haven't actually seen it in play.

While I'm here, if Cpt. Ohu is reading this, how does spiritual corruption work?  I tried setting up a permanent corruptive drone and forcing my pawns (of various races and factions) to read the "evil" books, but nobody's Purity of Soul ever seems to change?

TrashMan

I downlaoded the mod, bu can't get a world to generate....

Off, I do have some other mods, bu hose are prety basic mods that shouldn't conflict with anything (more furniture, rimfridge, farming, melee hunting, small paste despenser, more hairs, etc...)

TrashMan

Why aren't there any links o updated stuff in the thread?

Keeping everything on Discord and only discord is bad.

TrashMan

I find some aspects of implementation odd. Astartest for example.
It seems like you just took a normal human, removed his ribs, removed his limbs and replaced them with bionics. Why didn't you define a new body with a chestplate and gene-ssed organs?
Seems far more accurate.

Also, while the mod works with several other mods (including hospitality and psychology), a few things seem a bit off. Like SoB not being able to wear normal human clothing.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: TrashMan on July 31, 2017, 03:42:55 AM
Astartest for example. It seems like you just took a normal human, removed his ribs, removed his limbs and replaced them with bionics. Why didn't you define a new body with a chestplate and gene-ssed organs?
Seems far more accurate.
What the F.. ? you gave Ohu my Astartes .. the parts are all there ..
I must admit I still haven't run the mod .. but the defs are there.

TrashMan

SpaceDorf

My bodiedefs are there,  but the racedef for Astartes uses the Human Bodytype ..
so I guess, the Organs are not in use.

Cpt.Ohu

Quote from: TrashMan on July 29, 2017, 05:33:01 AM
Why aren't there any links o updated stuff in the thread?

Keeping everything on Discord and only discord is bad.

The main reason was that the A17 build was barely working when I put the download link on the Discord, and in the past weeks I have focused mainly on the dropship main mod and kinda neglected 40k.

The link to the current A17 build is now on the main page. Keep in mind that this isn't tested thoroughly, therefore I can't make any promises regarding long term stability or compabilities with other mods. Barring CE, which I don't have a patch for yet.

@SpaceDorf: I know you were working on the same mod almost a year ago, but you vanished after a couple of weeks, same as Kaptain Kavern. I don't think I ever got a proper look at your defs.

Quote from: TrashMan on March 16, 2017, 07:05:54 AM
Here's a few basic defs for an astertes - body part, backstories, etc..

That's where I got them.

The reason the Astartes body isn't in use is that I just put Astartes in because people were asking without really working on them. I did something for the graphics and weapons, that's it. If you want to continue working on them, feel free to join the team. The mod has gotten almost too big to manage on my own anyway.

aukave

:D Favorite mod. Although its gonna need more content to be a full conversion.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Cpt.Ohu on August 05, 2017, 01:31:49 PM
SpaceDorf: I know you were working on the same mod almost a year ago, but you vanished after a couple of weeks, same as Kaptain Kavern. I don't think I ever got a proper look at your defs.

Yeah, I was really into getting the space marines to work.
My main goal was to create space marines from basic pawns .. the whole 9 yards offered in 40k Lore.
And I was close, but had to stop because of mental health reasons.
With A17 and the past year some mods have achieved parts of what I wanted to do back then.
I work my head back into modding at the moment .. only slower and more careful .. but it's hard.

I gave TrashMan the link to my GitHub Repository a few weeks back, and like I posted before I found my Organ and Body Definitions in your Corruption Project ( shame on me, If I could not identify my own code )
My own problem is that I can't do digital art worth looking at. The art in my project was done by somebody else.

So at the moment I play beta-tester and modusers helpdesk to use my modding knowledge for good.
I have a good dozen of pages with mod projects I can't get of the ground.

My dream project at the moment would be to expand the OhU Shipyard with sweet Rimsenal-Faction Ships.
I got the basics down, and allready use the 40k ships in vanilla, but like I said .. digital art is not my strong suit.

TrashMan

Quote from: Orpheus on July 28, 2017, 04:16:14 PM
Other races aren't "officially" supported as playable factions (the only option is Imperial Colony), but you can use Prepare Carefully to create colonists from the Space Marines, Sisters of Battle, Mechanicus, Eldar, Chaos Cultists, Grots and (I think) Tau.

Another scenario?
Survivors from an inquisitor ship? Since Inqusitors do tend to work (sometimes) with some xenos, you could have a SoB, Eldar, Space Marine, guardsman and Space Marine (mayhaps a SM would be overkill) crash-land on a chaos-infested planet, and banding together to fight chaos off.