[A17/A18] [WIP] Warhammer 40k Corruption

Started by Cpt.Ohu, December 22, 2016, 05:17:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

InfinityKage

Quote from: Cpt.Ohu on August 22, 2017, 01:25:40 AM
I apologize, I've just now started moving some stuff into Xpatches, and seems I forgot removing the actual modified Defs for praying. The base chance was set to 80 for testing, hence your pawns will pray until they die.

I removed the Def, and the chance is set to its vanilla value.

The Cicero book is one of the more baffling bugs, because I just do not get that on both my Desktop and my Laptop during tests. The texture is there and works just fine. Can you check the textures folder for "Things/Items/Books/Cover_BookOldA.png"? All book textures are in there, if they are missing that would explain that. Another question: Are you using any of Mrofa's mods?

Same goes for pulse rifle, it works fine here.

I do not have a list of all weapons, and balancing was always something I struggled with. So some help in that department is always appreciated. I'll compile a list later on.

Weird. I'll double check for the Kikero book. And is that the guy who does the Clutter mod? Maybe I have some by him I'm not sure. Does he do the Alpha Mufflo mod or something with animals?

As for the Pulse Rifle I think I might have a lead on that. I have another Warhammer mod installed that adds the Imperials. I'm thinking maybe the weapons from there are getting mixed with the weapons from your mod. The next time I try your mod I'll take out the other one and see how it goes.

As for balancing your weapons. Yea, I'd love to help. If you can get me their current stats I'll plug them into my spreadsheet and see how far it deviates. I'm guessing you want them similar but different to the existing weapons? Unless you actually wanted them to be OP since it Warhammer in which case we can do that too.

koni

Every time I play this mod it randomly doesn't load textures. Sometimes it were of armors, sometimes weapons, and so on.

Cpt.Ohu

Any other mods running? What's in the error log? Is it happening only on aliens?

Riczo

This heretical Adeptus Mechanicus chapter house has decided to investigate this xeno-tech and inform you on their results free of charge... this time.

I have other mods installed but non of them have anything to do with warhammer so there shouldn't be a problem.
The bug happens to me only with weapons both close range and long range, and it appears once i relaunch the game.
When a weapon is spawn for the first time it will have its textures and will retain them as long as the game is running and as long as the game isn't closed it will still have it's textures including all of its subsequent copies. Only after closing the game completely and relaunching it any weapon that is still on the map will lose its textures (this mod only) while weapons that have yet been spawn will retain them until another relaunch

Edit: just had another ork raid, the weapons they brought had had textures while the ork weapons that lie in storage do no, relaunching the game makes the new weapons lose their textures like the old ones

sirskips

i had this happen with the bolters loaded it up and texture was gone. I thought it may have been due to a conflict as I saw this happen with animal hood and the Jedi Sith hoods from the star wars mod. They were not named the same but whichever one was lower in my load order would have a purple box.

Cpt.Ohu

Alright, started noticing that too. No idea why this is popping up now, this wasn't a problem before. It's probably the Faction Colors module causing this, I'll take a look.

EDIT: It's definitely the Faction Colors Assembly. I didn't change anything since updating to A17, so this doesn't make sense right now.

Helldrone

Hi, i am not entirely sure if i am just wasting everyone's time, but i noticed a bug in the production of Mec parts, the bill on the production table only makes common mec parts while it says Energy and All Purpose, so i took the time to peek into the recipe DEF in the files and the recipes seemingly are duped, am i wrong? i'm not very good at this.

That's in the A17 version of the mod of course and i did extensive testing if mods caused this problem, so far it's the mod alone doing it, i can post the code i found.

sirskips

YOUR DOING GREAT MAN!!! I play test for about an hour or 2 everyday and there is not that many bugs there are only a few, but they are bad bugs. So your on the right track hope to see this go all the way to the last A_ version of Rimworld!

Riczo

Got an interesting question that i can't test on my own atm, what are the chances that the Astartes modification will play nicely with the new body modifications that the GeneticRim mod adds? will we be able to make even stronger marines than the Imperium allows... or at least ones that explode on death

Cpt.Ohu

Quote from: Riczo on August 25, 2017, 10:01:03 AM
Got an interesting question that i can't test on my own atm, what are the chances that the Astartes modification will play nicely with the new body modifications that the GeneticRim mod adds? will we be able to make even stronger marines than the Imperium allows... or at least ones that explode on death

Well, the Astartes implants are more or less regular implants at this point, and most of them are applied to the Torso. So unless something is blocking installation or major rewriting of the assembly code, it should work.

I've done something that I postponed several times and rewritten some of the stuff in Faction Colors module. Items should behave normally now again.

Also there are now small Shrines under the Worship category where you can install items of worship (idols, corrupted/sanctioned weapons and armor).

Cpt.Ohu

Progressions Post :

Been a while since I had something to show.

I've made progress on making servitors. They now require fuel made of organic and inorganic parts (energy cells) to keep running. Without fuel they'll keel over and be useless. In return, they'll require neither rest nor food nor joy, just the occational repair.

And you can turn people into servitors. Take a look at this transition of an architect to a bulky servitor.

To get this option though, you'll need the implants, and a highly skilled doctor (min. 14).

I'm trying to get them into a programmable state so you can assign them to specific tasks rather than being just a colonist replacement.

And just for fun I decided to make Grox:

They'll be omnivorous, reproduce quickly and yield a lot of meat and leather.

koni

Quote from: koni on August 23, 2017, 05:42:36 AM
Every time I play this mod it randomly doesn't load textures. Sometimes it were of armors, sometimes weapons, and so on.

Quote from: Cpt.Ohu on August 23, 2017, 01:36:28 PM
Any other mods running? What's in the error log? Is it happening only on aliens?

Actually no, because the last three times I tested everything was just fine. Maybe the Machine Spirit was in a bad mood :D

Quote from: Cpt.Ohu on August 27, 2017, 10:16:25 AM
Progressions Post :

Been a while since I had something to show.

I've made progress on making servitors. They now require fuel made of organic and inorganic parts (energy cells) to keep running. Without fuel they'll keel over and be useless. In return, they'll require neither rest nor food nor joy, just the occational repair.

And you can turn people into servitors. Take a look at this transition of an architect to a bulky servitor.

To get this option though, you'll need the implants, and a highly skilled doctor (min. 14).

I'm trying to get them into a programmable state so you can assign them to specific tasks rather than being just a colonist replacement.

And just for fun I decided to make Grox:

They'll be omnivorous, reproduce quickly and yield a lot of meat and leather.

Cool, I was nearly asking for tech-thralls, made of involuntary prisoners.

InfinityKage

I notice that the Pawnrendering Patch has not been updated since April. Is that still both needed and up to date?

Techgenius

Be great if we could rename servitor, that way their traits, past, name get changed to something Like Unit-6X8, Unit-K8

Actually. I think thats how the Borg managed to make assimilation plausive in that mod. Too bad it broke Prepare Carefully..

AlaskanSalmon

Really enjoying this so far! Did find a bug - if there is a prisoner in the colony then morning and evening worship are borked, and everyone walks around the temple waiting for worship to start (religious pawn/prisoner needs to be excluded from worshiper list?)

There's also the issue of no world being visible when loading the world... And the research options being moved to the far bottom of the research list. Also! I banged right through to manufacturing license 1 and built the CC - holy tithe batman!! Blundered my way into that. However, the tithe said 60 (days?) until due, and then was due the next day. Now, I'm good, but not THAT good!

Edit: I also ran into an interesting issue where I had a colonist selected and text wouldn't display in the notification pop-ups, after which the game crashed with no warning or recovery notifications. Unstable at the moment, but damn the potential is huge. This kind of complete overhaul is why I am so excited for the future of this game!!