[A17/A18] [WIP] Warhammer 40k Corruption

Started by Cpt.Ohu, December 22, 2016, 05:17:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shelter

Great to see you took the reigns on this mod, The grox looks fantastic. Odd error though, Any reason you can think of why the mod would effect world generation? Worked fine for 7 or so plays (With other mods) then stopped being able to gen new worlds. Deleted my cache, reinstalled the game and put on a fresh copy of the mod and still unable to gen new worlds while the mods enabled.
(Corruption, Alien Humanoid 2.0, Render patch on A17 only)

dazric

Hey, is there a way to manually set a psyrating, like with Dev Mode or something similar? I tried searching the thread, but I didn't see anything, so sorry if this was asked! I was trying to recreate a Dark Heresy character of mine and they were a psyker.

Cpt.Ohu

Quote from: AlaskanSalmon on August 29, 2017, 04:15:01 AM
Really enjoying this so far! Did find a bug - if there is a prisoner in the colony then morning and evening worship are borked, and everyone walks around the temple waiting for worship to start (religious pawn/prisoner needs to be excluded from worshiper list?)

There's also the issue of no world being visible when loading the world... And the research options being moved to the far bottom of the research list. Also! I banged right through to manufacturing license 1 and built the CC - holy tithe batman!! Blundered my way into that. However, the tithe said 60 (days?) until due, and then was due the next day. Now, I'm good, but not THAT good!

Edit: I also ran into an interesting issue where I had a colonist selected and text wouldn't display in the notification pop-ups, after which the game crashed with no warning or recovery notifications. Unstable at the moment, but damn the potential is huge. This kind of complete overhaul is why I am so excited for the future of this game!!

Yeah, sermons and prisoners don't yet go along quite as I wanted. Imperitor, a coder, is trying to rewrite the religious system and make it more similar to the cults in the Cthulu mod.

The manufacturing licences are there as research projects because it's easy to prevent you from building certain tech without having to introduce a whole bunch of new production tables. They were invisible in the old research screen, now they are there again. I'll probably hide them completely.

From the game where you selected the colonist and it crashed, did you by any chance save the error log?

Quote from: Shelter on August 29, 2017, 11:14:36 AM
Great to see you took the reigns on this mod, The grox looks fantastic. Odd error though, Any reason you can think of why the mod would effect world generation? Worked fine for 7 or so plays (With other mods) then stopped being able to gen new worlds. Deleted my cache, reinstalled the game and put on a fresh copy of the mod and still unable to gen new worlds while the mods enabled.
(Corruption, Alien Humanoid 2.0, Render patch on A17 only)

What's the error popping up say? Is it something about apparel, something about worldobjects?

Quote from: dazric on August 29, 2017, 12:28:37 PM
Hey, is there a way to manually set a psyrating, like with Dev Mode or something similar? I tried searching the thread, but I didn't see anything, so sorry if this was asked! I was trying to recreate a Dark Heresy character of mine and they were a psyker.

Psyrating is completely random and currently there is no way for you to modify that after pawn creation.

dazric

Quote from: Cpt.Ohu on August 29, 2017, 01:25:19 PM
What's the error popping up say? Is it something about apparel, something about worldobjects?

Quote from: dazric on August 29, 2017, 12:28:37 PM

Psyrating is completely random and currently there is no way for you to modify that after pawn creation.
Aw, that's disappointing, but thank you for the quick response!

AlaskanSalmon

Quote from: Cpt.Ohu on August 29, 2017, 01:25:19 PM

From the game where you selected the colonist and it crashed, did you by any chance save the error log?

Sorry, I would have included it but the game really abruptly crashed - no logs. I'll play with it again from the autosave tonight and see if it happens again.

Shelter

@Cpt.Ohu  Error was..

Exception from asynchronous event: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object at rimworld.ApparelUtillity.GeneralLayergrouppairs /verse.thingdef.system.action '1 <Rimworld.apparelutillity/Layergrouppair>\ <0x000ba>

dazric

Getting a pretty severe bug.

Exception ticking AltarEmperor69131: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.GenLocalDate.HourFloat (Verse.Map map) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Corruption.BuildingAltar.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickList.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Cpt.Ohu

Quote from: Shelter on August 29, 2017, 02:50:04 PM
@Cpt.Ohu  Error was..

Exception from asynchronous event: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object at rimworld.ApparelUtillity.GeneralLayergrouppairs /verse.thingdef.system.action '1 <Rimworld.apparelutillity/Layergrouppair>\ <0x000ba>

Did you use the latest patch? I experienced that error due to the Alien apparel restrictions not working anymore. For now they are disabled. I generated at least 25 worlds during the last days with no errors during creation.

Quote from: InfinityKage on August 28, 2017, 07:48:57 PM
I notice that the Pawnrendering Patch has not been updated since April. Is that still both needed and up to date?

The patch is still up to date, it's just some extra for the pawn rendering which wasn't changed since then.

Shelter

Updated to the latest patch and its working fine now, Will pay attention to the github in the future

InfinityKage

Alright. Played your mod a little more and two thing to report.

1. At some random point a bunch of stuff just vanished. My Space Marine, my techpriest, my eldar's clothes, and my doors. Was weird. You could still see their names as they walked around but no graphics. No error popped up either. I do have a lot of mods installed so it could be some kind of cross error.

2. Please if it is possible add spread to the Melta style weapons. Not having spread turns them from very powerful weapons to kinda crappy.

Cpt.Ohu

1. Well, in that case it's difficult to tell what happened. If it is just the alien races, it might be something with the apparel and body textures messing up.

2. I could make them similar to Flamers. AoE is difficult to do with beams, and I'm not sure an explosion-like effect would feel right.

InfinityKage

Quote from: Cpt.Ohu on August 30, 2017, 04:13:33 PM
1. Well, in that case it's difficult to tell what happened. If it is just the alien races, it might be something with the apparel and body textures messing up.

2. I could make them similar to Flamers. AoE is difficult to do with beams, and I'm not sure an explosion-like effect would feel right.

1. Yea. I'll just mark that down as my problem.

2. It's kinda hard to explain but here is a good video for reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLJ8PhZlso8 . It's like a shotgun almost. I know nothing about programing (although that's what I'm going to school for) so I don't know if it's possible to implement it but the melta is one of my favorite weapons of all time so to see it so weak in it's current form hurts me.

dazric

A question about the tithes: do I have to fill it with all required things, or just one of them? I can't quite meet their demands for chemfuel.

edit: Or their love of textiles.

Cpt.Ohu

Well, that's not the Administorum's problem now is it? ;)

In seriousness though, you have to get all of them up to at least 90%. This is supposed to be demanding. Right now all you can do is either trade around a lot or produce it yourself.

Now imagine if you could persuade or force other factions to pay their share in the Form of tributes to you and you'll get an idea about the next big module I'm working on. Domination...

dazric

Funnily enough, after buying a shitton of it from my neighbours, who's bulk traders arrived the day the tithe was due, as well as emptying out a textile trader in orbit, medicine, chemfuel and raw textiles may be the only things I succeed in filling! I have enough stuff to do all of them, but the little shits showed up two months early and I don't think I'll have time to load it all in.

Edit: It took a space marine, three servitors, six augmented humans, a dozen hauler bots and two dozen dogs, working round the clock on nothing but hauling, but we managed to fill the tithe containers in time.