[A17/A18] [WIP] Warhammer 40k Corruption

Started by Cpt.Ohu, December 22, 2016, 05:17:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MechanoidHiveMind

I got a Idea:
what about Chaos Marines ( like noise , plague, rubric etc. although that would be much more complicated than the normal marines)
or the good old necrons (make them like servitors , with implants,actually that would make them Pariah's but wth that would be epic as well,just don't make the necrons OP)
and I believe we need a new ship for the Astartes , having like 5 valkyre's for a small strike team of a couple astartes is a bit to costly in chemfuel and food, okay not as much food as chemfuel :/

hope you find time to look into this :)
One death is a tragedy; one million is a statistic
Death solves all problems - no man, no problem
Only Mechanoids ; Everywhere

koni

I have an idea too:
More Waaagh! and more dakka. I think Orkoids should be able to do more kinds of work too and should be playable. Like an Ork colony to lead an own Waaagh! with specific Ork technology and psyker powers. Maybe there could be feral Ork tribes too with few bases on the planet and only simple technology.

Cpt.Ohu

It pains me to write this, but I have to put this mod on hold for now. My situation has changed, I barely have time to do anything on my PC at all, let alone do some gaming or modding.

I hope this will change over the next 2 months, but for now, regard this mod as suspended. If you think you can tackle the continuation of the mod, send me a PM.

just_a_random

Sad, this mod was very promising, hope your situation gets better

Cthonia

Hello Ohu!
I absolutely love this mod, I hope you will continue it someday! As I said I absolutely love this mod, but I found some problems here and there, I am no expert modder, however I tweak the mods I use so I have some insight. One of the most pressing problem for me is servitor fuel making. First, 75 nutrition in food? It's 1.5k corn. I understand it makes 50 fuel cells, but I think it could be scaled down a bit. The next problem with that the nutrition value of the components. I believe because of the IngredientValueGetter_Nutrition tag the job expects components with 5 nutrition... So I circumvented it using chemfuel instead of food directly and assembling on the machining table. Also maybe in the future can you release a patch for the Mending mod? It can use some gear of yours but over half is inaccesible (because of the custom gear category tags only, I directly edited Mending to make it work and it works, but I have no idea how to make a patch, I would have done it and of course uploaded it with your permission).

Cheers!
Cthonia

Cpt.Ohu

Development is open again. With some help by Swenzi I finished updating for B18. I'll take some time to get back into the current state of things and try fix some of the errors reported.

Ogliss

Wahey, glad to hear that, having only discovered this mod exsisted last week, i was pretty bummed to see it was suspended, it looks Epic!

phas

omg I'm so glad. I tried to fork and continue your mod but I couldn't figure it out (and rimworld documentation is nonexistent, damn how do you manage to do modding?). Thank you man, welcome back.

Jackalvin

Whoa. This looks pretty cool. I'm not a player of warhammer, but I have a general idea of what it is. I have a few questions / suggestions.
- A cool series of mods are out on steam, the imperial guard + Mechanus (I think that's how you say it). Is this yours?
-Could we have Tyranids? I know this was said way earlier by many, but I would like it like a mix of insects + tribals. They have ranged capability and numbers of tribals, and the... well insectyness of insects!
-Insert Witty Joke Here-

Cpt.Ohu

Quote from: phas on February 06, 2018, 08:05:28 PM
omg I'm so glad. I tried to fork and continue your mod but I couldn't figure it out (and rimworld documentation is nonexistent, damn how do you manage to do modding?). Thank you man, welcome back.

Interesting, so where did you stumble?

Quote from: Jackalvin on February 08, 2018, 10:26:28 AM
Whoa. This looks pretty cool. I'm not a player of warhammer, but I have a general idea of what it is. I have a few questions / suggestions.
- A cool series of mods are out on steam, the imperial guard + Mechanus (I think that's how you say it). Is this yours?
-Could we have Tyranids? I know this was said way earlier by many, but I would like it like a mix of insects + tribals. They have ranged capability and numbers of tribals, and the... well insectyness of insects!

Those mods aren't by me. You'll notice the art style is quite different.

Tyranids are an idea that's been on my radar for a while, but currently I lack art assets for them.

Ogliss

the adaeptus mechanicus mods are made by me, and the astra militarum mods are made by QuantumX, it was Quantums mod and this that got me to start messing around to try to add stuff, and i gotta say thanks to Ohu, cause looking at how he did things has helped me learn loads about modding rimworld :)

Cpt.Ohu

Quote from: Ogliss on February 10, 2018, 04:24:39 PM
the adaeptus mechanicus mods are made by me, and the astra militarum mods are made by QuantumX, it was Quantums mod and this that got me to start messing around to try to add stuff, and i gotta say thanks to Ohu, cause looking at how he did things has helped me learn loads about modding rimworld :)

Good to hear that in my absence this has at least inspired more 40k stuff :)

Once the update is up it's time for a concept phase. I'd be interested in the communitie's ideas, so go ahead and post what you would want to see. Just please keep in mind that right now I'd like to put some more polish on existing things, not start huge new projects again. More Xenos (Necrons, Tyranids) are the already in plan.

Just to provide something you can focus on:

• Xenos Factions (Eldar, Tau, Orcs)
  • Corruption System
  • Imperial Factions
  • Tithe system / Imperial governance

Ogliss

curious has anyone had issues where the dropship stops having a UI? if i click on it i cant deselect it, sometimes i can get the build menu up by hitting tab and then i can select other stuff

Harry_Dicks

I'm just now getting caught up to speed on this mod. This looks like it is going to be really awesome. Do you plan on expanding upon the religion system? That's what I'm definitely most interested in. Wonder if we could have your religion + Rim of Madness---Cults religions together? In the morning WH40K sermons, night time Cthulhu sermons?