Are there "Forbidden Zones"?

Started by Zombra, December 22, 2016, 03:50:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zombra

I want to set private areas that require permission to enter: the mayor's house is off limits to workers, the drug lab is authorized personnel only, everybody knows to stay out of the psychopath's torture dungeon.

Checking the zone menu, I couldn't find anything like this, only allowed zones, not disallowed ones.

I guess I can make a separate allowed zone for each colonist, that covers the entire map except for a few tiny spots ... but this seems very cumbersome and frankly I won't bother if this is my only option.

Am I missing something?  Any advice out there?

RayvenQ

You will have to make seperate areas for each colony types that allows areas except for a few spots BUT there's a fairly simple way of doing it, Create a new zone, place it in the area you don't want people going to, then in the manage areas menu, just click invert, and it'll inverse the zone you placed making it everywhere but that zone you marked, those people will be allowed.

Zombra

Thanks RayvenQ.  Inverting will help.  A very ass-backwards way of doing it, but I guess it works.

SubZeroBricks

You cant restrict an area but you can not allow colonists to enter an area
"The only time you have too much fuel on board is when you are on fire."

dosemeter

I agree, sometimes restricting an area would be easier than allowing.  I want both!
I want my muffalo to be unrestricted, except for the freezer.  The way it is now, I have to allow the entire map, except for the little square that is my freezer.

OFWG

Quote from: dosemeter on December 23, 2016, 06:03:03 AM
I agree, sometimes restricting an area would be easier than allowing.  I want both!
I want my muffalo to be unrestricted, except for the freezer.  The way it is now, I have to allow the entire map, except for the little square that is my freezer.

Good summary, why don't you throw that in the cheap ideas thread in Suggestions?
Quote from: sadpickle on August 01, 2018, 05:03:35 PM
I like how they saw the naked guy with no food and said, "what he needs is an SMG."

Zombra

Quote from: OFWG on December 23, 2016, 07:48:20 PMGood summary, why don't you throw that in the cheap ideas thread in Suggestions?

Good idea.  Added in my own words.

dosemeter

I feel stupid.   
You can set up  a small allowed area, then go to Manage Areas and click "Invert".