Morality stat

Started by Plymouth, December 23, 2016, 07:46:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plymouth

So, hear me out, it's a pretty simple idea.

After listening to people on rimworld discord complain about how for some colonists being in bad enviroment or not eating for 1 day is worse than seeing their friends and family die, I thought about one idea... Morality.

Basically  Morality would impact the buffs and debuffs from certain activities, morality above certain threshold(morally sound person, the normal one) would cause debuffs to immoral activities, like killing other people, seeing corpses, seeing friends die, selling prisoners, and so on.

Person with questionable morals(close to 0 on scale from moral to amoral) would not get debuffs from questionable activities, would get minor debuff from canibalism depending on their dietary preferences, but also wouldn't be quite as thrilled with normal human interaction.

Person who is completely amoral(Psychopaths, you know the sort), would actually get a mood buff from normally amoral activities like selling humans, killing and looting corpses, and optionally, if the trait allows it, they would get a mood buff from eating human flesh, but otherwise would get a much smaller debuff doing so. They also could have problems living with other humans, and possibly even get debuff from seeing other colonists.

furthermore, a certain character traits(possibly invisible) could be added tied to background which would impact mood buffs and debuffs of certain things regardless of their morality stat, to simulate the unique character.

What are your thoughts on this?

alsoandanswer

not bad, tbh

anyway, their morality could change, depending on time and actions done. for example, if you run a cannibalistic organ harvesting colony, their morals would change, for example,

-6 Harvested organs (how could we do that to an innocent person?)

to

0 Harvested organs (Passing life to one another...just another day in the rimworlds.)

to

+6 Harvested organs (Good. Someone will live with those organs.)

"If I quote some smart guy, then therefore I should be smart myself!" -alsoandanswer

Plymouth

good addition, didn't think about that.