[Event] Tradeship has fallen from the sky!

Started by Gonumen, December 23, 2016, 08:20:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gonumen

Hi,
So now that we have world map in A16 I thought that we could have an event that is similar to the new ending. Very rarely (once a year or so?) a ship would crash somewhere on the map. We have space chunks falling from the sky right now so they have to come from somewhere, right? Now, it wouldn't be an easy task to get there. It would fall randomly so it can fall on the other side of the map as well. Also, other settlements, especially pirates would be intrested in looting it too, so you have limited time to get there (another use for drop pods). You would loot it from any goods left and go back. It could be very beneficial, like exotic goods with lots of gold and drugs, or not, like a slave trader where you find Only dead bodies. Maybe you could also shoot ships down so they fall near you, but at cost of becoming a pirate faction (neg. Relations with everyone) and creating no-fly zone for a period of Time.

Tell me what you think about it, any corrections?  I'd be glad to hear them.

Also I'm writing this on phone so I'm sorry for any mistakes i'll edit them as spoon as I'm home.

Edit: Ok, so now that I'm at home I can fully describe my idea.

Very rarely, there should be an event that look just like the one with a raid chasing a person. It would say that a captain or AI of a nearby ship is sending you coordinates of where they are most probably going to crash or emergency land as their ship is damaged. From this message you have 24-72 hours to prepare a caravan if you want to get there. After this time another message appears and it just says that the ship has crashed/landed.

If the ship has crashed then you just have to get there before anyone else (maybe something like 10-15 days or so), the ship would just create a new single-tile biome on the map. I guess that just a flat map with one huge structure that would be a ship would be more than fine. When you arrive there before others you can loot it from anything that is left, deconstruct engines, power generators, maybe even find some surivors etc.. If you are late then there is just nothing there, or you encounter another group which you have to fight with.

If the ship has just landed then you have to options. Help the crew repair it and protect it from the pirates that are surely going to try to attack it and after that the crew would reward you with a huge sum of money, or not... OR you could just be a pirate and attack it yourself but then your colony would be marked as a pirate faction and would result in negative relations with everone on the planet.

There should also be another option, to just shoot the ship down with some misslies launched from the same station as drop pods (with chemfuel of course). It would result in ship crashing very close to your colony, but also you would become a pirate faction and create a no-fly zone for a long period of time (No orbital traders).

Those ship, besides basic stuff like gold, plasteel etc., should also have some very rare items that are either ridiculously expensive or not traded at all.

Swat_Raptor

I think this kind of event would be real interesting

I might change it up a little bit. Have a ships AI contact you that its been damaged and is going down but it can predict where its going to land, your goal is to get there before someone else does. the landscape is littered with Steel and Palasteel components, and sealed ships caskets (free recruits inside).

depending on how soon you respond determines if you get there before during or after raiders do.

Gonumen

That's a good improvement, although I don't think that it should you more headstart than just a few days. Also, it doesn't have to be AI, it could also be just a captain from the ship but this is just a detail.

Anomaly

Such a thing could result in a beautiful battle royale; I like it.

The probability of a ship contacting you should depend on your relationship with that faction or how you treat prisoners.  If you view prisoners as food, you might be more likely to get a call from a pirate faction looking for some hired guns to assault the ship.