Fast forward until colonists wake up again.

Started by Sion, April 08, 2014, 01:42:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sion

How about a new speed button that lets you fast forward the time until a colonist wakes up if all colonists are sleeping, because there usually isn't much to do when they sleep, except for some planning on what to do next day, but if that already is done, there is just nothing to do more than looking at the colonists in 3x sped while they are sleeping, (sounds kind of creepy  :-[  :P )

The time would go at something like 10x speed (or more if it is possible), until an event such as a message appears or a colonist wakes up, witch would pause the time or set it at 1x speed.
So many ideas... so little time...
Silence is the worst answer.

ApexPredator

I have found this is really only an issue the first few nights. After you start getting more members of your crew their sleeping shifts will start to distance themselves from one another.

Sion

Not if you do as me and use them all to hunt raiders with, then most of them need to sleep after that, witch re-sync's their sleeping schedule.
So many ideas... so little time...
Silence is the worst answer.

OmegaConstruct

Quote from: Sion on April 08, 2014, 03:46:14 PM
Not if you do as me and use them all to hunt raiders with, then most of them need to sleep after that, witch re-sync's their sleeping schedule.

It doesn't resynch them, really. I do the same thing, and after a long attack with multiple waves they might all go to sleep, but it doesn't take long for them to find their different schedules soon. And after a big attack, chances are you could use the time to order repairs and re-build what was destroyed, let colonists interact with dead bodies and dropped guns, etc.