Steam is down and I cant play offline

Started by Alenerel, December 23, 2016, 11:46:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alenerel

Correction, I "can", but for some reason all the mods that I already have in the workshop folder show up as "downloading" in the mods screen. This means that most of the mods wont work...

Would be possible that the game recognizes the mods that it already has?

Adalah217

Came here to post the same thing. It's exactly why I prefer downloading mods and installing them manually. Unfortunately, I can't find mods like an updated StorageSearch on the forums. Ugh.

Alenerel

I think that its a problem with Rimworld not with steam. All the mods are in the workshop folder, no need to download anything. The game just has to load them from there.

An alternative is to copy all the mods from the workshop folder in the mod folder... It will work but its a mess...

Canute

QuoteI can't find mods like an updated StorageSearch
The author decide to remove it from the forum thats why you can't find it (anymore).

ReZpawner

If you bought it from Tynan's webpage directly, you can still get the sendowl version.

Avis

I remember the days of giving prisoners peg legs, and then removing them to immobilize them.

Alenerel

Quote from: ReZpawner on December 23, 2016, 12:18:38 PM
If you bought it from Tynan's webpage directly, you can still get the sendowl version.

Yes but I did buy it through steam because I didnt know about the DRM+steam key deal if you bought it in here. in fact I think that it was around the day I bought it that Tynan made the post where he said that all drm free version would get the steam key too.

Adalah217

Quote from: Alenerel on December 23, 2016, 12:06:02 PM
I think that its a problem with Rimworld not with steam. All the mods are in the workshop folder, no need to download anything. The game just has to load them from there.

An alternative is to copy all the mods from the workshop folder in the mod folder... It will work but its a mess...

Appreciate it!

LordMunchkin

Copy all mod folders from the workshop folder, past them in the games mod folder, and unsubscribe from the mods in workshop. The files will all be there but you won't get that annoying "downloading" message.

milon

Quote from: Alenerel on December 23, 2016, 12:06:02 PM

Actually, that's a Steam issue. It affects many other Steam games too. But the workaround is as above - take the mods away from Steam's control.