Stockpile Priority for individual Colonists

Started by Edixo, January 19, 2017, 01:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Edixo

I've been struggling with setting up stockpile supply chains. You can't make it so one colonist puts an item in one stockpile, and a different colonist takes that item to another stockpile.

It would be very nice to be able to set individual priorities for stockpiles. You can have a colonist craft and place an item in a stockpile near the bench because that stockpile is set to critical for the crafter, and then have a hauler with that stockpile set as low come by and haul the item to a main stockpile.
Nothing says "Home Security" like 50 turrets

Swat_Raptor

This is a interesting idea, perhaps you could make assigned priorites to a certain group and then assign individuals to that group. thus you could make 1 group for gathering and another group to move supplies from one stockpile to another of higher priority, another for Kitchen supply and so on.

you would have to be careful not to mix up the priorities the wrong way otherwise you might very easily say to one group take item from A over to B but the Other Group will take it from B right back to A, but that would be user error at that point.

not sure how easy it would be to setup separate groups for Hauling duty, there are already groups for allowed areas, but that is a different mechanic.

skullywag

For now you could set bills to "drop on floor", its not the best but its workable.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

b0rsuk

Big NO to everything that encourages more micromanagement. We need robust, systemic solutions. Per stockpile, per work table, etc.