New Strategy Games?

Started by MisterVertigo, January 17, 2017, 12:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MisterVertigo

Hello all! I love RimWorld. It has become one of my favorite games of all time, and this is coming from a guy who has been playing since I found my parent's Atari 2600 when I was a kid in the 80's. However, I think it's time for me to take a bit of a break from RimWorld and see what else is out there. Don't worry, I'll be back. I always come back...

I like simulation games, as well as strategy/tactical games. I love XCOM, but I have played both of them almost as much as I have RimWorld. I have also played the Civ games. I was looking at a game called Stellar Tactics: http://store.steampowered.com/app/465490/. It looks awesome, but the gameplay videos I have watched tell me that it needs a bit more work before I spend too much time on it. The concept looks amazing though.

I'm not a multiplayer game guy as I get distracted by real life to often and I require the luxury of a pause button. I love a good RPG game and I'm really jonesing for a good space game.

Anyone have any recommendations?
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

Listen1

Well, it can be considered a strategy game, I was traveling and played alot in my vacations, This war of mine.

Don't feel the need to introduce it, just play it.

MisterVertigo

I know of this one; I've looked into it before. I may give it a look.

I'm also looking at Stardew Valley.

Anyone else have a suggestion?

Listen1

I'll monopolize this thread! Stardew Valley is a very good game. It is a game for you to just kick back and relax, taking it day a day.

Barazen

You monipolize nothing! Competition in the sector begins!

Personally, sins of a solar empire, bit old now but i love the pace and scale!
Anyone else felt their heart break when a pawns marriage falls apart?
Doc & Valarie, I shipped it, she flipped it.

MisterVertigo

I liked Sins a lot too. In fact, I'm a big fan of Stardock. I like most of the games they put out.