colonist doing nothing at all

Started by Robert_Nick, December 24, 2016, 01:38:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert_Nick

my colonist keeps wandering around, even while set on work restriction and set on Work priorities i don't know why this is happening please help.

Edit: They only move to eat and to do joyous activities

Pushover

A savefile would be helpful here.

Does the pawn have an area restriction preventing them from going to work in an area? Can you force the colonist to work by prioritizing a job?

Calahan

@ Robert_Nick - As Pushover says, a save file is really helpful for problems like this because there could be a number of reasons why a Pawn is doing, or appearing to do, nothing. And without a save file to check, those who offer their help are reduced to "best guessing" the source of the problem. Which is both time consuming, and a little annoying tbh (compared to how simple it is to check a save file). It is also important to know whether or not you are using any mods, as that information can completely change the list of possible causes.

So if you are still having problems, can you please post your save game file. If you archive it using a utility such as WinRAR or 7zip, then you might be able to post it as an attachment (600kb size limit). Failing that you can use a 3rd party to host the file and then post the download link (Dropbox or GoogleDrive for cloud storage. Mega or Zippyshae for file sharing).

I've also merged your 2nd post with the OP, as you were infringing forum rule #10 (No unnecessary self-replying). It's preferred that you edit your previous post rather than creating a new one (especially when there were only a few minutes between posts).

@ Pushover - Thanks (again!) for the assist. Much appreciated.