[MOD] (outdated) Fix missing resource for mods ~TMPT~

Started by zelldot, April 15, 2014, 03:04:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zelldot

Since version Alpha 3 - 409, some of the resources were removed which are causing problem with many mod in the community.

The problem happened when missile, shells, medicine and uranium were removed from the core which conflicts with most of the mods that exist for Alpha 3. This mod is a quick fix for missing resources from the original. Although this may not fix everything needed, but hopefully this fixs 90% of the problems with earlier alpha 3 mods and compatibility with the newer version of alpha 3.

To download: Click Here

If you like what we do, then like us on facebook!

StorymasterQ

I haven't had this problem? But maybe it's because I don't really pay attention to those resources. Though I'm certain medicine was working well when I constructed the advanced medbed.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

zelldot

I might of skipped a version number, but I know version 412 and up this will apply, I re added this just as a quick fix for gamers upgrading with old mods from 108 and 109, I had jamieg ask about it, and it seems to be a fact, the nice thing is that the game graphics will still be there for use a little longer. This was just one major thing I noticed, as I use all of the above items in my galactic trader mod.

iame6162013

wait when where these removed? (missile, shells, medicine and uranium) ???
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Architect

They haven't been removed yet. Zelldot, they have only been removed in the private testing versions we have, this should be in the tester forum, not here.
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

iame6162013

Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

zelldot

This may be not be official yet, like I said I did skip a version or 2 when I was asleep one night, so I  though as it is something that will effect my mods, I was nice to think of everyone in advance, I have loads of versions on my laptop, and I must of got a bit confused about the whole, what is released and what is not, sorry for that.

I will leave this up, if in the future, these resource are removed you will still have this copy without having to fish for them in the older cores, if not I will remove this thread.

Also later if the graphics are removed I will add textures to this file too.

jamieg

i got confused with all the updates so i asked Ty were we were at and his exact words were: Alpha3f is public, internally it's 0.4.413 so this is fine i believe
YES! Its true! im updating The BIG BANG mod pack check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orzLZbECR20&list=UUr1sEPUEhFqy01q16zGisIg

zelldot

Will someone be able to tell me to the exact version this mod will effect because I jumped 409 to 413, I would like to be more accurate in my title. From what I see it is only alpha 3F. but might be a version or 2 before too.

Kirid

Im using 3f(413), can confirm I have all those resources in my core folder and in-game. No problems
You can't rollerskate in a muffalo herd

Tynan

I'm just locking this because it was made with good intentions but in error.

The resources were removed in the internal test build for a few days. I put them back yesterday and will leave them in. The public doesn't need this mod and never will.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog