[MOD REQUEST] Improved research screen (up and down slider)

Started by teknotel, December 24, 2016, 11:46:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

teknotel

So basically I don't think I can research everything in my modded game due to the new research layout:

https://i.gyazo.com/28d8d1285df926a7c8e66a09ba5fc957.png

I thought it was fine with just the bottom items being clipped, but when I research gun turrets I can see a line underneath.

Anyway someone can make a fix for this? Whatever it is is fine, even reverting back to old list, I dont mind, just as long as I can research everything without issue. I think a up and down slider is the best solution but I dont know much.

Apologies if this is already in the pipe line or being discussed elsewhere.

DaemonDeathAngel

This has been brought up before, recently, within the past few days, Tynan has comment3d on it basically saying the research system was made to be semi temporary, so he could release Alpha 16

teknotel

Ahh ok my bad, just looking for a quick fix for my game I am running at the moment. I am not on the forum all the time and reading all the articles so my bad sorry for bringing it up again.

DaemonDeathAngel

If you felt offended, that wasn't what I intended. A lot of mod makers are annoyed by the new research tree, I am assuming you are not using just a straight modpack, rather individually downloaded mods?

Mod mod pack authors are attempting to organize the research trees for their mod packs so the y axis no longer causes an issue.

teknotel

Oh no dude I dont feel offended I knew before posting I probably missed something on here I was being genuine when saying my bad lol!

Yes I am using a ton of content mods individually. I will have a look at some mod packs, thanks for the answers.

DaemonDeathAngel

No problem, if you need any help trying to organize mods research I could see what I can do, however, my time is kind of wrapped up in an overhaul mod I am working on producing, which will completely remove all core research and basically extend gameplay to upwards of easily 12 hours or more. If you're interested in taking a look the link to the dev page is Rimworld Revamed - The Transcendence

AmosKamal

DaemonDeathAngel, how is this mod coming along? i've looked at the google docs, and if it has all that the doc has, i would never stop playing this, and it would easily exceed the enjoyability of HCSK for me.
Amos

teknotel

No its ok dude, seems like it is a common issue I am sure someone will come up with something or I can find a way around it. Your mod seems awesome so better concentrate on that good luck!

DaemonDeathAngel

Quote from: AmosKamal on December 24, 2016, 02:46:19 PM
DaemonDeathAngel, how is this mod coming along? i've looked at the google docs, and if it has all that the doc has, i would never stop playing this, and it would easily exceed the enjoyability of HCSK for me.
Amos
It's coming along slowly but surely. Neither I, nor the C# Coder have has much prior experience in XML, but we are both fast learners, and I am hoping with that, we can manage to have the first Era/Teaser out within the next month or less. Our biggest issue we are hitting is research, due to the new tech tree, it makes it difficult to hide core research and implement our own.

Also, most, if not all, content on the google docs page, will be included eventually.

Quote from: teknotel on December 24, 2016, 02:52:20 PM
No its ok dude, seems like it is a common issue I am sure someone will come up with something or I can find a way around it. Your mod seems awesome so better concentrate on that good luck!
Thanks a lot man!

Reflexial

Here's a mod on steam workshop released today that restores the old research window and fixes this problem:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=825487565

DaemonDeathAngel

Quote from: Reflexial on December 25, 2016, 07:49:00 PM
Here's a mod on steam workshop released today that restores the old research window and fixes this problem:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=825487565

I meant to mention that, thanks for linking it.

teknotel