{A16 - Win - Steam] Unroofed bug - Update - Not a bug (Resolved)

Started by Angiel, December 24, 2016, 06:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angiel

Hello :D,

So i have attached two pics that show the problem.

The thing is i made this room where i wanted to grow crops, it shows that everything is roofed but the game keeps saying there are 2 unroofed tiles. i tried to find them with no success. I even went 1 by 1 to look and all of them say either constructed roof or thin rock roof (edit: apparently didn't look close enough :D). So i really think this is a bug now.

The option in debug mode where you can draw roofs is not there anymore, because i searched on forum and saw someone mention this. hence i can't see if there are indeed roofs or not.
i even show a pic where the sunlamps are turned off and clearly everything is dark although i am not sure if that is a way to distinguish roofs quite well :D when it's about of only 2 tiles.

edit: they weren't constructing roof in the middle of the last 2 pillars down and away from the mountain. the others had the room to support i guess idk.
i noticed cuz i was demolishing the room that is in the middle of the courtyard, and the roof collapsed in between the pillars

So 9 cells between pillars is too much :D it needs to be 8. Hence not a bug, a mod can close this topic :D sorry for inconvenience.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Calahan

Have you checked for gaps using the "Toggle visibility of roofs" overlay? (it's in the bottom right hand corner, shaped like a small house). As from your screenshots it appears you are using the "Expand/Clear build roof area" tools to highlight the roof layout. But those two tools don't show you what tiles are actually roofed at the current time, only what tiles you want roofed eventually. So if there are tiles your Pawns haven't built a roof on yet (too busy doing other jobs?), then they won't show up using those tools. This is the precise reason Tynan added the visibility of roofs overlay. So try using that tool and please report back with how you get on (as this thread can be closed if you report back there's no bug).

It that fails, then you are going to have to post your save game file because it's difficult to spot the problem from just screenshots, and I doubt the log file will provide any info as these sort of problems are usually human error in my experience. If you archive the save file using a utility such as WinRAR or 7zip then you might be able to post it as an attachment (600kb limit). Otherwise you can use a 3rd party storage option to host the file and post the download link (eg. Dropbox, GoogleDrive, Mega, Zippyshare).

Angiel

i edited my prev post. Cuz i found what i did wrong. Thank you for the reply though :D lol and didn't see that roof toggle before :D. that would have saved me from posting this topic here though. Oh well

i knew a room can be build 11 wide so i thought 9 cells between pillars should be enough. and i first build the roof close to the main building hence it had that wall to support on. hence false illusion that 9 cells was sufficient.

Calahan

Happy to help, and pleased that you managed to find out what the problem was. I'll close this thread now then as a non-bug. Happy (festive) RimWorlding :)