[Mod Suggestion] alien swarm event.

Started by Killaim, April 09, 2014, 12:24:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Killaim

Hey! - i would love to see a mod where this event would potentially fire (rare)

one side of the map (outside) will begin spawning a number of small aliens worms (like the boomrat perhaps but not explosive)

this aliens task is to reach another side of the map and exit -  BUT

the alien will change direction and go for ANY living thing and attack it - if it kills it (that dead body will be turned into more aliens (that also wanna exit the map - AND go for living targets and continue the evil circle)

the event could perhaps start with a random critter on the map exploding into a new alien that then try to get out of the map - perhaps even a random colonist

suddenly you are stuck with the choice of avoiding them hustling to save your colonists or standing your ground and hope you dont make a yummy alien treat as they scurry off.

Evul

Killaim

oh thats lovely that arachnid.

was thinking more "aliens" - with the the more aliens per (creature) taken down.

StorymasterQ

So by aliens, do you mean the chestburster variety?
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Killaim

for instance yes - though would settle for just a alien that kills something = one extra alien.

though a whole alien life cycle would be badass hehe

iame6162013

But coud we eat the alien meat? (but give it downsides like u Will die from it eventually)
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Celthric Aysen

Quote from: iame6162013 on April 10, 2014, 05:23:02 AM
But coud we eat the alien meat? (but give it downsides like u Will die from it eventually)
Or turn your colonist into an alien that can regenerate a bit more faster then normal humans can, also has higher health, since its a rare event
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

mccartercar

I've never tried modding this game but I believe I'll try now. I'm thinking of some greys, tall whites, and reptilians. Maybe each with different attributes.

StorymasterQ

"Eating alien meat" is a whole 'nother thing in my dirty, dirty mind.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

Kilroy232

StorymasterQ

Quote from: Kilroy232 on April 13, 2014, 02:06:58 PM
Quote from: StorymasterQ on April 10, 2014, 10:02:51 PM
"Eating alien meat" is a whole 'nother thing in my dirty, dirty mind.
WIN
If you search the forum for that last three-word-phrase (include the comma), you'll see my other posts where it applies. As of this posting, there are 3 posts including that one. I vow to add more :D