[A17] Old style research menu

Started by skyarkhangel, December 25, 2016, 06:05:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

QuoteIf it doesn't work, can I uninstall it without corrupting my save game?  Thanks! :)
This is not a gamechanger mod, it just change the display.
You can add or remove it without danger.

Certim

Hello! The mod does not show up in my Rimworld Mods menu. Can somebody give me help with the installation?
I would like to thank it beforehand.

Der Failer

Quote from: Certim on January 03, 2017, 04:11:58 PM
Hello! The mod does not show up in my Rimworld Mods menu. Can somebody give me help with the installation?
I would like to thank it beforehand.
Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on September 19, 2014, 08:11:57 PM
Instructions on how to download modifications for Rimworld!
PC HELP:
1) Download it! If you are having trouble, it may be your internet, your computer, or just spamming the download button because it wasn't loading...

2) The file you get will most likely be zipped (compressed), use your decompression tool of choice (winzip, winrar, 7zip with help to use it on bottom) to extract the files.

3) Move the folder into the mods folder, located in your Rimworld install location, make sure that the mods files are 1 level deep (for example /mods/modname/defs. not /mods/modname/modname/defs as sometimes happens, or /mods/defs/. For putting in mods manually in steam, go to Program Files (x86 if you have 64bit)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Rimworld/Mods to find the mods folder.

4) Start Rimworld and select "mods" from the menu, here you can activate and deactivate mods. Some mods are buggy when you open mods folder and exit it without quitting the game. These include Clutter, and some others not mentioned. If you're unsure, then quit the game and start it up again. I recommend quitting and restarting the game, as it's always nice to be safe.

-snip-
This should help you (i hope).

Certim

Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on September 19, 2014, 08:11:57 PM
Instructions on how to download modifications for Rimworld!
PC HELP:
1) Download it! If you are having trouble, it may be your internet, your computer, or just spamming the download button because it wasn't loading...

2) The file you get will most likely be zipped (compressed), use your decompression tool of choice (winzip, winrar, 7zip with help to use it on bottom) to extract the files.

3) Move the folder into the mods folder, located in your Rimworld install location, make sure that the mods files are 1 level deep (for example /mods/modname/defs. not /mods/modname/modname/defs as sometimes happens, or /mods/defs/. For putting in mods manually in steam, go to Program Files (x86 if you have 64bit)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Rimworld/Mods to find the mods folder.

4) Start Rimworld and select "mods" from the menu, here you can activate and deactivate mods. Some mods are buggy when you open mods folder and exit it without quitting the game. These include Clutter, and some others not mentioned. If you're unsure, then quit the game and start it up again. I recommend quitting and restarting the game, as it's always nice to be safe.

-snip-
This should help you (i hope).
[/quote]
Somehow it did, Thanks!

Taurec

pktongrimworld

filippe999

Thank you, my research tree was cutting off after i got the mods installed so unless i had this i couldn't get a few things.

fuman200

Just posted a quick video about the mod.  Everyone can take a look at how it looks like in-game. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rF54-MNgVLM  You can just skip to the 1:00 min mark to see how it looks like.

Thank you modder for making this mod and posting it up.

b4d

Damn, I thought cut off research tree was just a myth. Turns out it was me who wasn't using enough mods

Thanks for this.

Tindahbawx

Thanks for making this, its a godsend for those of us with many mods.

The new tree is pretty, but just doesnt work so great yet.

becomeweaker

can you upload a mirror link? mega keeps telling me about my bandwidth quota instead of letting me download

Cook The NightHunter

Does it required new saves or not?
For the punishment of escaping my colony.
I hereby declare putting you in a abandon cave full of
rotting corpse and bugs without food or clothes until the upcoming spring.

Canute

No, it don't change the gameplay just change the display.

Cook The NightHunter

Quote from: Canute on February 06, 2017, 04:45:48 AM
No, it don't change the gameplay just change the display.
Nice, thanks bydaway
For the punishment of escaping my colony.
I hereby declare putting you in a abandon cave full of
rotting corpse and bugs without food or clothes until the upcoming spring.

jptagman

can you please add a <SEARCH FUNCTION> to this research tab!!!!!!  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!