Mods not working.

Started by Lucifer, December 25, 2016, 07:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucifer

Hey, this is kinda my first post on this forum. So let me know if i did anything wrong.

So basically every mod i install on rimworld (Alpha 16) says tha they are not for the current version.

It says they haven't been formatted correctly and are for target "Unknown". I have no idea what this means and i really need help.
"There is no such thing as second place, Only first loser."

SteelRev

In the XML of the mod's about file.  There should be a line that reads <targetversion>0.16.00<targetversion> or very similar to that.  If it is missing you'll get the "unknown version" error.

Lucifer

How do i fix this? Is there an easy way? Every Mod i install is like that.

harpo99999

another couple of ways that you can have this problem is if the mod(s) either have not been extracted into folders, or have been extracted into seperate folders for each mod,
the correct mod folder structure is {mods}\{mod name folder} containing several folders including {about},{defs} etc
if the path to the about folder is like {mods}\{mod archive name}\{mod name}\{about}, then you need to go to the {mod archive name} folder and select the {mod name} folder and MOVE it to the {mods} folder, then delete the {mod archive name} folder, and repeat for each of the mods, then the mods should show up with being for the correct version(assuming that they were for that version of the game)

SteelRev

Harpo's idea is more likely,  very few modders forget about target versions.  You are un-zipping the mod files into the mod folder right?

Lucifer

HARPO FIXED IT! The mods had another folder in them before the about and defs. Thank you so much! And to the other guy. I was unloading them into downloads and using the "modified today" to mass move unpackaged mods. i use 7zip, do you have any tips to unpack the mod into just mod name to about instied of mod name, mod name, about?

SteelRev

I always use 7zip. I drag the zips to my desktop.  Right click and use unzip here.  I open the folder.  If it is right I drop it into the mod's folder.  If it has nested folders I drop them instead.  I never batch unpack zips.  Takes longer but I have less problems doing them one at a time and checking.